My new DM map

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Claw

Weird little hermit on dried frog pills
Nov 3, 2001
Visit site
I agree with Bot! Ignore the other fags :p

Apart from the overscaled floors I liked the pics alot. And I don't think your ceilings are so bad, especially not those in this map. I mean it's not an office, more a teple or such, yes? And if've seen "textures" in palaces and temples *cough*churches*cough* so I don't see anything wrong with the ceiling's scale.

Claw

Weird little hermit on dried frog pills
Nov 3, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by lucifix
what about the last 2 pics?

The wall picture of the first looks odd, and the floor in the sacond looks overscaled again...

I especially liked the ceiling in the first... apart from that, I like the style. Nice bluish fire in the second pic too :tup:

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
I'm talking about the second set of pics here :)

In the first pic, there's a dark corner at the far side of the room by those 3 flames. It might just be the angle of the pic but it looks like you've just added 1 light in the middle of the room, it doesn't look like the light is actually coming from the flames.
Also, the light looks a little too pale me thinks. Maybe lowering the Saturation value for the light from the flames will make it look better.
That cloud texture on the ceiling looks good as a sort of portal effect, however if you mean it to look like a sky then you'd be better off doing a skybox

In the second pic, I think the fire looks good, but maybe you sould make the flames a little bigger. Either that or you make the room a little darker. A smaller radius would make a good contrast.
It looks a little empty, maybe just a little step or two would fill the space up a little and possibly also for the ceiling like the pic below.

Evil_Cope

For the Win, motherfather!
Aug 24, 2001
if the man wont come to the forum...

lol....the darkmagic forums are part of the fusion forums. if you have a fusion account you should be able to post, but you cant use a beyondunreal one (ie this one lol). the good thing is that means you can have an avatar twice as big ;)

anyway...the blue room, try just lowering the radius of the blue flame lights...

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
luci,
you are doing some nice stuff and some looks crap! I like some of the shapes you have and how you used them (on celeing thing looks cool, with the red stuff around).

but how about making such a wierd shaped portal?

like you run around fall into it and teleport to some sort of hell... would be cool... maybe for SP

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
The floor does look better, I thought the ceiling looked OK before though.
The pillars are improved too

quitgrin1

Demon Like
Jul 31, 2000
Nowhere
www.geocities.com
I really think you should work a bit on the lighting, and i suggest you too add more detail to the architecture (more pillars, some deco objects, etc). Also the skybox looks pretty lame. I would also suggest changing it too.

lucifix

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
Nov 3, 2001
A Deeper Kind Of Slumber
www.geocities.com
Originally posted by GringoLoco
I really think you should work a bit on the lighting, and i suggest you too add more detail to the architecture (more pillars, some deco objects, etc). Also the skybox looks pretty lame. I would also suggest changing it too.
the skyboxes look lame? which one? does anyone else think so?

Evil_Cope

For the Win, motherfather!
Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by lucifix
did anyone notice that blue flame/torch laying on the ground? what does it look like?

looks ok. that room is beter lit than the pillar one certainly.

is there supposed to be light coming from that funky doom-esque red skybox? if you could make it look like there was a tiny bit of light coming in from the grill it would be good. not much mijnd you, the faintest bit of red stealing in....maybe....

lucifix

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
Nov 3, 2001
A Deeper Kind Of Slumber
www.geocities.com
just thought i would let you guys know that im still working on it. progress is going about as fast as a 1000yo elephant in quicksand, BUT thats is somthing ;) also to show a screenie or two.........