My M4A1 model, ver.2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dr.J

Staying Alive.
Nov 25, 2001
Hong Kong
www.alkdjflakdjfksj.com
ok... hey long time no see, nice that the forums are back :D . anyway, i finally got off my butt and started to do something in terms of texturing this model....

for those of you that dont know what im talking about, this is it:
M4A1_56.jpg

and this is the beginning of the texture (its the reciever for those that dont know whats happening):
M4A1_59.jpg

M4A1_60.jpg

hopefully more to come soon!

EDIT: and about the dodgy stuff... i think that it will sort itself out when i get to applying more texture.

Last edited:

Dr.J

Staying Alive.
Nov 25, 2001
Hong Kong
www.alkdjflakdjfksj.com
..... the models about 6XXX polygons the last time i checked. theres a low res version at 3XXX sitting on my hdd, but ill reduce the polycount on that later because i wanna make a game model after this.. anyway heres a bit more done... just the logo and a bit more texture

M4A1_62.jpg

M4A1_61.jpg

by the way, for those that didnt read the thread that i had in the old forum, its my first time texturing...

Last edited:

Dr.J

Staying Alive.
Nov 25, 2001
Hong Kong
www.alkdjflakdjfksj.com
this is just the reciever part of the model. the trigger, foward assist, charging handle, firing mode selector, magazine catch, cocking, etc are actually seperate meshes that will get textured seperately. that said, if there anything that you see that are wrong with the model or texture please feel free to post and........ still more to come soon!

Dr.J

Staying Alive.
Nov 25, 2001
Hong Kong
www.alkdjflakdjfksj.com
thanks :D that is the best pic of the reciever of the M16 i have seen! man the ones at colt.com are so blurry you cant see the logo and stuff... but anyway i didnt know that 'my rifle' is an official creed until now.. you learn something new every day ;)

Freon

Braaaaiinss...
Jan 27, 2002
France
www.3dfrags.com
ouch, that's a great reference pic :eek:
watch out though, the rest of the gun will look silly compared to the receiver if you don't find other good pics for the stock, barrel, and so on :p

Shrap

Beaver
Oct 29, 2000
I had a really good one ( 1600 x 1200 ) of a soldier firing an M16A2 ...it had a full view on the left side of the gun. I'll try to find it for you.

Dr.J

Staying Alive.
Nov 25, 2001
Hong Kong
www.alkdjflakdjfksj.com
ok....... got a bit more done... finally got to doing the other side of the reciever :D !! but anyway here are the pics:
M4A1_69.jpg

M4A1_70.jpg

oh yeah........ i just want a bit of opinion here... does the noise on the texture make it look better or worse :hmm: ?

EDIT: for the left side, for those that are wondering, the side of the rails are now complete.

Last edited: