My Contest map so far...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Uncle_Bob

Sympathy for Mr. Vengance
Apr 12, 2004
www.naliclan.tk
BuF_contest_preview_5.jpg

BuF_contest_preview_4.jpg

BuF_contest_preview_3.jpg

Original Design.
Mapping_Contest_concept.jpg

This is my entry for Thunderstrikes mapping comp so far. I know time is running out and I have only made two of the rooms, it may not get finished but Iam trying. Ill probably have to make it smaller than I intended. I'm mainly doing this just for fun as I know I wouldn't really win. Im just looking for firtsimpressions really.

Oh and a couple of questions.

1. How do you check the pollys on your map?
2. When looking at the reflection of the skybox in the marble stuff at a certain height it turns white, ho do you solve this?

These are pretty urgent! :) :eek:

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
... i can't see any picture of you. I only get blank squares with red X in them.

Poly count:
/open console
/type exactly stat fps <-note the space between the two words

thing at bottom screen will show up (type stat fps again to remove it)
it will show you polys in number last right counter, before that i think it's the node count. Polys are what you are really interested, that marker should never have 400 (for the competition).

About other issue, i don't know about that, but could it be a hom (either in the reflective surface OR in the reflected area, that show up when you look at its reflection?

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
... i did saw previews 3,4 and 5 at DeviantArt ;) though... are you cranking detail up a bit? Or reflection doesn't allow it?...

Uncle_Bob

Sympathy for Mr. Vengance
Apr 12, 2004
www.naliclan.tk
I will be cranking up the detail more hopefully. I don't know what is wrong with the pics, maybe its deviant art where I uploaded them from. They show up for me. THe relection thing happens when you look down at it from a height.