My comp is flippin out.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
I heard on the national news this morning that there is some consern for some reason about the 16th of this month.....something about this worm is suppost to reliece or launch a new worm or something from all the infected machines on that date, or something, they didn`t make it very clear as to what was suppost to happen, but only gave the 16th as a date to watch for.

digital-warrior

Awake...
Nov 3, 2001
tx
Visit site
More info....

Taken from http://www.virus.uga.edu/

CAMPUS INCIDENT RESPONSE ALERT/ANNOUNCEMENT
p>

August 12, 2003

OIS Advisory (CA20030812): Potential For Significant Impact On Internet Operations Due To Vulnerability In Microsoft Operating Systems (2nd UPDATE: Worm Spreading on the Internet)

The UGA Office of Information Security has received the following updated advisory from the Department of Homeland Security concerning the propagation of the W32/Blaster worm that exploits the recent Microsoft RPC vulnerability.

SYSTEMS AFFECTED:
Computers using the following operating systems:

Microsoft Windows NT 4.0
Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Terminal Services Edition
Microsoft Windows 2000
Microsoft Windows XP
Microsoft Windows Server 2003

OVERVIEW:
DHS expects that exploits are being developed for malicious use. Two additional factors are causing heightened interest in this situation: the affected operating systems are in wide spread use, and exploitation of the vulnerability could permit the execution of arbitrary code. DHS and Microsoft are concerned that a properly written exploit could rapidly spread on the Internet as a worm or virus in a fashion similar to Code Red or Slammer. (2nd UPDATE: MALICIOUS CODE DUBBED "MSBLAST", "LOVESAN", OR "BLASTER" BEGAN CIRCULATING ON THE INTERNET ON AUGUST 11TH. THIS WORM TAKES ADVANTAGE OF THE VULNERABILITY DISCUSSED IN THIS ADVISORY, AND CONTAINS CODE THAT WILL TARGET MICROSOFT'S UPDATE SERVERS ON AUGUST 16TH. THIS ADDITIONAL ATTACK COULD CAUSE SIGNIFICANT INTERNET-WIDE DISRUPTIONS. IT IS POSSIBLE THAT OTHER WORMS BASED ON THIS VULNERABILITY WILL BE RELEASED OVER THE NEXT FEW DAYS AS "COPY CAT" ATTACKS.)

More . . .

Last edited by a moderator:

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Cat Fuzz said:
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
that's the most truest thign you've ever said!(in a positive way)
for me it's win xp because after one or two years of win ME HELL xp saved me!