[Mutator]INF Ballistic Tweak

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
keihaswarrior said:
...Even though the A2 shouldn't have a burst fire mode :rolleyes:

No, KW - for the last time - it's an airsoft replica the 'SEAL' edition of the MP5A2. It's a bad model 'custom job'.

Burst fire is just an upgrade - like leather seats in a car.

Shows what you know.

Conglomera

Proud Toilet Cleaner
Sep 7, 2001
Algiers, Algeria
so the word is to scale aiming... this is planed in next version along w/ features found in Crowze's IWE, olethros magcheck and the removal of subsonic ammunitions with the make of ballistic crack sounds... you may help by raising a list of every weapon that need to have its aim scaled and tell if it should be closer or further... like :
MP5A2 = Closer
G36k = Further
and so on...
Vega-don could try then to work on them...

I have been messing around with bullet impacts on walls, I think they got to be changed, so I was trying a formula to maintain ratio between diferent calibers, the formula is ((mass * velocity) + (caliber * velocity * 1000)) * 0.000001the two screens bellow show the result of this formula with various calibers, so I'm asking people with firearm knowledge to say if it sounds realistic, especialy for .50 BMG which is hu... well let's just say big.

1st shot, from left to right : MP540, DE50, AK, PSG, RC50
2nd shot, from left to right : RC50, M2HB
The hole made by PSG in the screen is the same as the original one, this is to let you have an idea about the size of the other calibers compared to original ones.

Attachments

• Shot0003.JPG
    Shot0003.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 64
  • Shot0004.JPG
    Shot0004.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

Olethros

Functional alcoholic
Here's a strange little thing I noticed with this mutator: Bots won't use the AKMSU if it is running. They just walk around with it slung across the chest and wave their Ka-bars around at other bots shooting at them.

Anyway, here are some binaries+source for some of the extra (SS and IMT bonus packs) IMC-compatible weapons. If you're planning on adding magazine check functionality to your mutator some of it might be of use.

INFmc_AKMMOD adds magazine checking to the AKM, FN-FAL and M4 and should be activated BEFORE the IMT 1.2 mutator. (Fun feature in this one: Switch between magazines and drums for the AKM w/bayonet with <Grab> + <Activate attachment>.) The INFmc_SSBonus mutator will be loaded automatically by the main IMC mutator if SSBonus is activated.

Please note that these packages are not nearly online-worthy and should be considered pre-alpha at best.

Attachments

• imc_extras.zip
    99.5 KB · Views: 34

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
ALL the weapons need to be closer to the eye. Unfortunately, there's the problem of the gun clipping with the camera. The only work-around I've seen was INF-AimView which isn't the same thing as moving the weapons closer to the eye for a proper sight picture.

Messing with the size of the bullet impact decals is neat and all.... but it seems a bit trivial. Isn't there other stuff that actually has an impact on the game that you could be coding? ... just a thought.

Conglomera

Proud Toilet Cleaner
Sep 7, 2001
Algiers, Algeria
Hi, just to say I'm still a alive and IBT too... Its release is delayed because of an evergroing todo list... and mostly because the lack of spare time, as I'm no more on vacations.

Curently I'm issuing a damage system which add randomness to gunshot, I made specific damages for legs and torso, and changed body armors... Actualy a Level2 stops all pistol calibers except .50AE, but the level3a does... Armors are also more resistants as they can stop "UP TO" 50 rounds of the calibers they are designed for... I had hard time with shotguns but I think I'll soon sort them out.
In the curent state of advancement, every weapon "could" kill with a single shot in torso but the chances differs from caliber to caliber for example PSG1 has 82% chances of passing lethal damage w/ a single shot, .45 pistols have 41%, 100% for Robar and M2HB... don't worry this isn't completely random as I calculated thoroughly how this should be done.
Lately I've started working on an optional feature which aim to change the stamina system, where bulk doesn't decrease stamina but affect speed and the rate at which stamina drops and regenerate... damages will have a serious impact on stamina too, this is still in testing but it's promising... besides this affects the scope bobing too, which is going to be more stable and well... more realistic.

I wish to thank you Olethros for the help you're providing and for the interest you're showing to IBT, the new C7 rockz as the side kick problem seems to be fixed.
In the final version I'll include Magcheck along with IWE interesting stuffs and features... Nothing will be released untill everything is packed, tested and aproved.
I hope none of you will be disapointed... See you soon!

Conglomera

Proud Toilet Cleaner
Sep 7, 2001
Algiers, Algeria
We tested the new stamina system in LAN today, and it rockz, realy... Bulk decreases jump height, speed and stamina faster, but the max stamina bar isn't decreased at all unless you get wounded. So since you rest enough you can get back your full stamina so your aiming isn't affected by the bulk you're carrying unless you do some physical actions... I'm also using an improved version of duke's strafewhore... the heavier you are, the more bunny-hopping is penalising... In the current state it's heading the right way, and looks more realistic than ever. Another feature is that walking speed isn't decreased by bulk, unless you get realy heavy... Actualy every point of bulk has its impact on the soldier, with a bulk of 0 you can sprint a 100m in 14-15 seconds and could run for a little more than 30 seconds before getting completely tired, with a bulk of 60 you can barely reach 65m in good conditions when running. Bulk also decreases the amount of jumps you can execute before getting tired, with 0 bulk you could jump 33 times, with a bulk of 60, 11 times is a maximum. With this new system, you'll be more often walking than jogging... believe me it's very promising.
the next thing planed now is a system to seriously decrease stamina when crawling and walk-ducking and even when walking if your bulk is above a certain point... this should be done tomorow. I'll keep you informed.

Last edited:

Conglomera

Proud Toilet Cleaner
Sep 7, 2001
Algiers, Algeria
Hi there...

I'm still working on the new stamina system, I implemented fatal shots for spinal hits even through armors (if the bullet pierces), added some damage effects, like weapon going aim to hip when hit (seen in RA286), modification of view angle, weapon falling if too badly hit and stuffs... I've changed the damage system too, it's now based on a live calculation based on caliber and energy rather than passing a static value then randomize it, like I said in a previous post... the only thing missing is a dynamic calculation of damage based on bullet velocity drop, I still can't figure it out! Somehow If I get it someday, that will desserve many purposes (damage, penetration ability both on armors and surfaces, decal sizes... and other velocity related variations).

Currently the latest thing I worked on was the make of a ballistic crack sound to use w/ suppressed supersonics, it was impossible for me to find the damn sound recorded and hosted somewhere on the net, so I had to read a bunch of articles debating riffle suppression and subsonic loads, from this lectures I learned a lot on finish history and came with darn cool ballistic crack sounds, they are made and work good but they need to be treated, I mean the excessive "shhhhhh" sound at the end need to be removed, this bad sound is only noticeable ingame, I tryed to remove it using filters in goldwave but my attempts were unsuccessfull mostly because I've a bad sound card that screws the sound quality once the buffer is full I think... So if someone want to treat the sounds It will make me happy, and for the sake of Infiltration : It's gonna be the first game featuring distinctive ballistic crack sounds :D

Corporal_Lib [BR] : Want to betatest man? No problem, parse your e-mail ad and I'll send you the next internal version...

P.S : I tryed to upload the sounds but it says upload errors! Though the zip is only 200K big!

Lethal Dosage

Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer
So any progress?

Con, if you throw in a complete MagCheck, all the good stuff from IWE, as well as RT, i will kiss you! (i'f your a decent chick, if your a guy... well i'll just thank you till the end of time).

I loved magcheck, but it cancelled out IWE, and so one had to go. But if they were working together, with RT, that would be a new level of awesome!

Vega-don

arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
New file!!!

Infiltration Ballistic Tweak v1.1b
Author : Conglomera - conglomera@hotmail.com
Release Date : Internal Version

------------------------
IMPORTANT READ CAREFULLY
------------------------

Disclaimer :
------------
This is a debug version of IBT, most of its features are "in progress work" so it's by no mean a final product... This release is only meant for betatesting, it's released cuz I was asked to drop something to be tested and debated... so here it is. I'd like to receive comments, especialy critics and suggestions... also, any sort of help is welcome!

Installation :
--------------
Uncompress the content of the file to your UnrealTournament\System directory, if you're runing a server, add the line ServerPackages=INFBallisticTweak to your server ini file (usualy Infiltration.ini)
When loading it in your mutator list, you must care of a particular order to avoid weird things to happen :

- The first two top mutators you must load are "INF_PickupMenuFix" and "INF_Bonus" then load INFBallisticTweak RIGHT AFTER these two mutators and BEFORE any other mutator. If you load IBT before these two mutators, you'll not be able to pickup anything using the pickup menu... Loading IBT after other mutators may lead to some of its features not working, weapons disapearance and weird behaviours.
So be sure that INF - Ballistic Tweak is on top of any other mutator and under INF_PickupMenuFix and INF_Bonus, you should not load INF_MiniUziFix mut as IBT replaces bulks of all weapons.

- If you're using Yurch's new40mm grenades you MUST load "INF - Ballistic Tweak Compatible new 40mm" RIGHT BEFORE "INF - Ballistic Tweak"... "INF - Ballistic Tweak Compatible new 40mm" as its name says, is an IBT compatible version of Yurch's new40mm.

- Don't load Duke's Straff Whore mutator, IBT overrides most of its features (except bleeding)... Loading SWNM may lead to conflicts.

-----------
!!WARNING!!
-----------
In order to work, IBT needs the following mutators to be present in your system directory :

1- Weapon pack 1.2
2- Diemaco C7
3- UN handgun fix
4- Black AKMSU
5- SS bonus weapons
6- Strafe Whore No More

If one of these mutators is missing, IBT will simply not work.

http://rapidsh.de/files/12178083/IBT1_1__1_.1b.rar.html

UPDATED NEW WITH FAMAS AND MP5 EOD SIGHT FIXED.

http://s64.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2GKQRMJM7CDV81UTR4OMWIBWVZ

(theire will probably be a new version very quick) because this version has a bug check system that blocks chat box.

going to check it right now, dont know what it changes

Last edited:

Vega-don

Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
http://s64.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2GKQRMJM7CDV81UTR4OMWIBWVZ

Updated with famas and eod sight view fixed.

Infiltration Ballistic Tweak v1.1b
Author : Conglomera - conglomera@hotmail.com
Release Date : Internal Version

------------------------
IMPORTANT READ CAREFULLY
------------------------

Disclaimer :
------------
This is a debug version of IBT, most of its features are "in progress work" so it's by no mean a final product... This release is only meant for betatesting, it's released cuz I was asked to drop something to be tested and debated... so here it is. I'd like to receive comments, especialy critics and suggestions... also, any sort of help is welcome!

Installation :
--------------
Uncompress the content of the file to your UnrealTournament\System directory, if you're runing a server, add the line ServerPackages=INFBallisticTweak to your server ini file (usualy Infiltration.ini)
When loading it in your mutator list, you must care of a particular order to avoid weird things to happen :

- The first two top mutators you must load are "INF_PickupMenuFix" and "INF_Bonus" then load INFBallisticTweak RIGHT AFTER these two mutators and BEFORE any other mutator. If you load IBT before these two mutators, you'll not be able to pickup anything using the pickup menu... Loading IBT after other mutators may lead to some of its features not working, weapons disapearance and weird behaviours.
So be sure that INF - Ballistic Tweak is on top of any other mutator and under INF_PickupMenuFix and INF_Bonus, you should not load INF_MiniUziFix mut as IBT replaces bulks of all weapons.

- If you're using Yurch's new40mm grenades you MUST load "INF - Ballistic Tweak Compatible new 40mm" RIGHT BEFORE "INF - Ballistic Tweak"... "INF - Ballistic Tweak Compatible new 40mm" as its name says, is an IBT compatible version of Yurch's new40mm.

- Don't load Duke's Straff Whore mutator, IBT overrides most of its features (except bleeding)... Loading SWNM may lead to conflicts.

-----------
!!WARNING!!
-----------
In order to work, IBT needs the following mutators to be present in your system directory :

1- Weapon pack 1.2
2- Diemaco C7
3- UN handgun fix
4- Black AKMSU
5- SS bonus weapons
6- Strafe Whore No More

If one of these mutators is missing, IBT will simply not work.

my quick test:

this version has a bug check system that blocks chat box. you cannot see what you chat anymore. conglomera said to me he will disapear again. . . so we need a coder to quickly remove that element. hes ok. that element was put by him to check for bugs and work on the mutator.

features i could notice. (theires more).

Damage for legs is separated from damage for torso.
3Fals shot in the legs to kill, 1 or 2 in the chest to kill depending on your armor.

crittical hits in the spine (i think thats the english name) and heart.

scopes wont move too much now and wont recoil more than non scoped weapon for Acogs.

G36 is further and dont bug in D3d, it must be better for fighting now and can be unbanned from servers

Famas ---> close to iwe Famas for the view

Minimi ---> close to IWe recoil, less recoil than iwe thought.

Mp5eod ---> further, dont block view anymore.

stamina ---> totally reworked, check conglo posts i didnt understand it right.
"Bulk decreases jump height, speed and stamina faster, but the max stamina bar isn't decreased at all unless you get wounded. So since you rest enough you can get back your full stamina so your aiming isn't affected by the bulk you're carrying unless you do some physical actions"

you view shakes when hit.

when hit in the arms , i think , or sometimes when i was hit, i dropped my gun

sound is modified for suppressed smgs. (i cant judge it)

Golden Desert eagle. (OMG)

big gun make big bullet holes.

if you jump in the outside , you make a tiny jump, but if you jump near a step , you make a jump appropriate to the high of the step. Crazy.

Shotgun : kinda like IWE. didnt tested it too much.

G3A3: More recoil (big recoil) , more damage. big dammage.

armors have been reworked, couldnt notice really, i didnt take serious tests

MP5A10 and G3 and MP5K reload like the new inf mod team MP5 , no ejecting rounD.

FAL: more dammage.

magcheck for every gun.

thats all i can remember now.

Last edited:

theRoadStroker

A Dickcheese Faggot
May 28, 2005
so far i love it i tryed all the guns ... the snipers are changed too psg now hits where you aim it :D and the new sounds are great im gonna put up a fast server so we can test it online

greetz road

Vega-don

Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
we need someone to remove the chatbox where theire is now informations used to debug movement speed. they hide real chat

we had to chat with our names...

conglomera said to me hes going to disapear again, so im looking to any coder to do the dirty job quick;)

hara

Where's my backup?
Aug 24, 2004
Oh yeah! That one is a very good job. Thank you. Movement and jumping feels awesome! Dropping guns! Yeah! Tasty magcheck. Great!
Now: More servers, more muties, more everything - except players of course ;).