Murder Monday

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rip

Nov 12, 2014
:flame:This Monday I challenge you All! I will be excepting challengers for my title of Fragger #1! Don't believe I deserve the title? Take it if you can! Until that moment, you are all beneath me! Lick my boots, scum. How does your brain taste? :mad:

The arena will be a custom one I have been working on! :mwink: Trans + random weapon spawn! Does the wee little noob want a different weapon? Pry it from the cold dead hands of your enemy, or have yours taken instead!

Soon, I will make an elimination gametype similar to last man standing. If you are killed X times in a row without killing you're OUT! And must watch forlornly the remaining slaughter. :lol: X will scale up as gladiators go down!

:chainsaw: Murder Monday! 9 EST, 5 brutally quick games! Winner is Fragger #1! :cool:

I won't be surprised if no one shows. I know you're all cowards at heart!

Rip

Nov 12, 2014
... actually, I think I'm done. This just isn't worth my time or money. I know you guys don't have much playtime, this is an old game, and interest/activity (especially for my work) was always mediocre at best. But it's been going downhill, and (as a result?) this whole thing has just become more frustrating than fun for me. So, I guess that means it's time to move on. I don't currently plan on playing UT4, so this may be it, who knows. :) I hope y'all had some good games while it lasted! If someone else wants to start a server now, please feel free, count me out though.

Dagger

[dg]
Nov 10, 2014
Tennessee
mistrealm.com
You are probably just suffering from working too hard. Give it a break. Come back to it.

Take a day off, a week off, a month off, whatever it takes, and see how it looks then.

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
:flame:This Monday I challenge you All! I will be excepting challengers for my title of Fragger #1! Don't believe I deserve the title? Take it if you can! Until that moment, you are all beneath me! Lick my boots, scum. How does your brain taste? :mad:

The arena will be a custom one I have been working on! :mwink: Trans + random weapon spawn! Does the wee little noob want a different weapon? Pry it from the cold dead hands of your enemy, or have yours taken instead!

Soon, I will make an elimination gametype similar to last man standing. If you are killed X times in a row without killing you're OUT! And must watch forlornly the remaining slaughter. :lol: X will scale up as gladiators go down!

:chainsaw: Murder Monday! 9 EST, 5 brutally quick games! Winner is Fragger #1! :cool:

I won't be surprised if no one shows. I know you're all cowards at heart!
This sounds awesome.
But...
... actually, I think I'm done. This just isn't worth my time or money. I know you guys don't have much playtime, this is an old game, and interest/activity (especially for my work) was always mediocre at best. But it's been going downhill, and (as a result?) this whole thing has just become more frustrating than fun for me. So, I guess that means it's time to move on. I don't currently plan on playing UT4, so this may be it, who knows. :) I hope y'all had some good games while it lasted! If someone else wants to start a server now, please feel free, count me out though.
This sounds sad :(

I agree with Dagger, I think you've been working at it too much. But if you really are done I will be sad. It's a very old game Rip, I've said many times you should be playing, not coding. Most of the time that was just because I wanted to kick your ass because it was fun. Sometimes it was because I just felt your time would be better spent playing than trying to code something new for something so old. Hopefully if you take a few days or weeks off you can come back and feel refreshed.

I just got back from travelling the last week. I've got a lot to do at work and at home, so I will likely not be around for the next week or so. If necessary, when I have time I may get a server up and running to the best of my abilities in a week or so.

Reactions: Dagger

oskeno

Nov 12, 2014

PM me when you see this.

Rip

Nov 12, 2014
Thanks, Dagger :) But I do think I'm done, at least here. I may end up finishing my work on my own, who knows, but these incremental releases aren't worth it, the server right now isn't worth it, and for me I always had more enjoyment from running a server / making a mod than I did from playing these days. A clean cut is best for me. Sticking around just to play would be too painful / too much pull to get back into what I was doing. Sorry for the inconvenience....

Last edited: