Multiplayer Console Commands (on a LAN)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Gibush

Oct 8, 2008
Hi, I'm playing Unreal on a LAN. Today I bought Unreal Gold. My brother and I were playing a DM or whatever when we decided we wanted to use console commands to spawn things, etc... I used to do it all the time on Unreal Single Player. I hosted a dedicated server, and put Disable Cheating = False under settings, and still, cheats don't work. No God mode, no spawn chair no nothing.

Any help? Really want to cheat/console-ize.

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
Welcome to the forums :wavey:

I'm not sure if it differs in Unreal (maybe not) but in UT, you need to set an admin password on the server, and both of you need to log in as server admin (console command adminlogin password) while playing. This is because only server admins can use the cheats.

Unreal might be different, but I'm not sure because I've never hosted a server with just Unreal; I've always done it using OldSkool mod in UT.

Gibush

Oct 8, 2008
Hmm, thanks, but I tried that... Under hosting the server there was no password options, but when I hosted a dedicated server there was under "advanced options, game settings, admin password."

So, I went into the game and opened the console and typed "adminlogin junkfunk" which is my pass. Didn't work. "adminlogin password junkfunk" didn't work. "admin login junkfunk" didnt say unrecognized but didnt do anything, I tried. "admin login password junk funk" also did nothing.

Help?
for some reason my brother was able to summon something once awhile ago but we can't do it any more and I have never been able to.

Gibush

Oct 8, 2008
Oh, okay. So, is there a way for it to work? Like I said, we got something summoned ONCE...

~DH-CrackeR~

Proud Leader of Deaths Head
Dec 26, 2004
kentucky
www.unrealinf.com
adminlogin in commands is only in INF stanoff mod. Listen up, first go into your unreal.ini file directly. Don't set it in advanced, go there or it won't take at restart. Scan for password= and set password there.. save it. Then to get it to take all you do is input it into the player setup where it has password slot.

If you have any trouble my msn is andrew_vogeler@hotmail.com I am an unreal fanatic and I hang out at www.oldunreal.com there is more help there for anything to do w/ unreal 1 than ever was here lol.

~DH-CrackeR~

Proud Leader of Deaths Head
Dec 26, 2004
kentucky
www.unrealinf.com
Also if you play coop mode you don't need admin for anything btw. ONly in Deathmatches and such would u need admin functions.

If your playing multiplayer games.. man you gotta get the INF mod. Its the real gun modification, its fun for coop to spawn the real guns. Also I made a gun mod that is even better.

.:..:

Apr 11, 2006
Finland
You only need admin on deathmatch? I thought that was the last place where you should use cheats...
As for coop play it can be useful for many purposes (summoning starting weapons, making it harder by spawning more monsters, unblocking level etc...).