UE2 - UT2kX Movers that bump themselves

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

brick

Sep 5, 2011
France
www.insidexiii.eu
Hello,
i would like to know if there's a way to create a mover class that enables movers to bump themselves (and then return after bumping)

we can figure a simple example where 2 movers are moving in the same way and with opposite directions, so that they will colliding, then return.

i had several issues to subclass a such actor :
- actually the 'bump' function only works with pawns
- it seems that PHYS_movingbrush cannot interact (touch() or encroach()) with another actor that is PHY_movingbrush
- i can attach a trigger to each, but triggers seem only to be triggered by pawns and not by themselves too...

Does someone have a tip ?

brick

Sep 5, 2011
France
www.insidexiii.eu
...if i attach a Smesh to one of them, it collides well, but it detaches right-after (he gets an offset but still it is moving)

I know there would be a solve with some Pawn actor instead, but i would like to know if there is a possibility anyway to create a such mover ?

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
So you have 2 movers that follow the same, yet mirrored path, and meet each other at the same spot over and over?

I'd just rig both to constantly move back and forth on their own, unless I'm understanding you wrong

brick

Sep 5, 2011
France
www.insidexiii.eu
To sum-up,
I just want to operate a DoClose() when one mover-class actor enters another mover-class actor's Collisionradius, whatever their initialstates, movetimes, could be.
The issue is like :
- triggers work with pawns... unless i attach a pawn + a trigger to my movers (?).
- actor.Touch() seems not to work with PHYS_movingbrush (it seems only, maybe i'm wrong)

Last edited: