UE3 - UT3 Mouse right click incorrect funtion?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

nightman28

Sep 27, 2011
First I appologize if this has been asked but I have not found it.

I have the Unreal Tournament: Black Edition and with it Unreal Editor with engine version 3809.

When I first installed everything was working great, then I took a break while taking other classes. Now I'm back to learn more with the unreal editor and I have an issue. When I right click on a primative, instead of getting the box to set the properties, the title bar greys out like I switched to another window. I can right click in the views and get a menu box there, it only seems to be an issue when I right click on a primative. I have checked to see if it was popping up behind the window, but nothing.

AMD X6 black edition processor, Dual ATI HD 5770 graphics cards in crossfire, Windows 7 64 bit. Any other stats that are needed I can give upon request.

I believe the only changes that have happened since I installed is window and graphic driver updates. Not sure if I had crossfire before or after the first time.

Please help, its hard to create size dependant items without that ability.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
I suppose "Black Edition" means you're talking about UT3.
Try deleting UTEngine.ini and UTEditor.ini (make backups first and have your CD key ready) from your MyDocs\MyGames\UT3\UTGame\Config folder. This will force the game (and editor) to reset any system configuration info it remembered. It also resets window layout, etc. And (that's why you should make sure you have your CD key) UTEngine.ini also contains the encrypted CD key, so deleting the file forces you to reenter it the next time you start the game.

nightman28

Sep 27, 2011
I'm sorry it took so long to get back and thank you for the response. Yes I should have specified UT3 sorry for not saying that.

I renamed the 2 files copied them to another folder then deleted them from the original location. When I restarted the UT3 Editor it never asked for my code it just started as it normaly has and is still giving me the same issue. Seems to as I'm still new is there another way to specify the size of the brush without using the right click on its icon in the side bar?

Odedge

Keeper of Tutorials
May 26, 2009
www.odedge.com
Do you have any mouse software that creates a different profile for the mouse when you run UT 3 (as a game)? So your right click is set to be something else?

As far as I know there isn't another way to set specific sizes of brushes, though you can always edit them after you add them (a bit tedious).

That little dialog window can be hidden behind other editor windows.