Most amazing racing simulation ever.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
Crowze said:
You won't believe how many times that happens when I'm using a gamepad ;).

EDIT: Is there something I'm missing, or is the MG ZR completely useless?
Which one is the ZR? I only have the first three cars unlocked.

I've gotten perfect (gold star) on every single test except for the final test, and i can't even pass that one. Any tips?

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
You need to get through a complete rally season I think, the ZR is the last car you unlock. It's only 1600cc and 2WD, but is lighter than all other cars. I've found it's not bad on tarmac, but on gravel I really miss 4WD.

As for the last one... cut corners. A lot of them are pretty safe to go a fair way off-road. I'll post a video of my 1:19:23 (or something around that) run of it, if that'll help.

EDIT: Help or no, here it is. As you can see there's still room for improvement, notably the Scandanavian flick which I seriously mis-timed (and was bloody lucky to get away with).

Last edited:

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
Crowze said:
You need to get through a complete rally season I think, the ZR is the last car you unlock. It's only 1600cc and 2WD, but is lighter than all other cars. I've found it's not bad on tarmac, but on gravel I really miss 4WD.

As for the last one... cut corners. A lot of them are pretty safe to go a fair way off-road. I'll post a video of my 1:19:23 (or something around that) run of it, if that'll help.

EDIT: Help or no, here it is. As you can see there's still room for improvement, notably the Scandanavian flick which I seriously mis-timed (and was bloody lucky to get away with).
Good god! Well I'm not sure if thats quite as easy with the car the tests make you use, but I'll take your advice on cutting corners.

And by the look of your giant plunge into the small dip, you're supposed to brake before those :p

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
It's possible, it's really difficult to say which is the better car. I guess it's down to personal preference, mostly. Also bear in mind the road's camber, which is very useful to help you through powerslides.

Yeah, I always mess that one up, mainly because I take the corner before it way too fast ;).

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
No sound issues for me, but then they do reccommend my Audigy 2 for it. Latest patch fixes lots of things, especially on the sound and peformance side of things. Nice :). Is it just me, or does the MG ZR peform better with the patch? I just set a best time for the Hualapai Nation track with it.

Hint: Don't try any of the Finland tracks in the MG ZR after a couple of glasses of wine at 11pm. Or Mineshaft.

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
Crowze said:
No sound issues for me, but then they do reccommend my Audigy 2 for it.

Specifically which Audigy 2 model do you have? I found a brand new one for 99$ CAD, and i want to make sure it isn't the Audigy 2 "Lite" or something stupid.

Crowze said:
Hint: Don't try any of the Finland tracks in the MG ZR after a couple of glasses of wine at 11pm. Or Mineshaft.

The finland tracks are too easy, they forgot to code the physics in the snow so it doesn't slow your car, i was hoping they would fix that in the patch.

Philophobos

May 11, 2001
Visit site
Did they literally forget, or are the physics just not to your liking?

I have a an SB Audigy Gamer, and while most of the time the sound in RBR is top notch, there are a few sharp cracks and pops every now and then.

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
I wouldn't count on it working with a PS2.

There is a mod floating about that fixes the Finland tracks. I'm not sure if they forgot or just couldn't be bothered, but ploughing through snow like that just shouldn't be possible. It isn't in the MG.

I've got a Audigy 2 Platinum - I think all the cards are basically the same (not sure about the newer ones like the ZS or whatever it is), it's just the extra breakout box or drive bay thing that changes.

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
Crowze said:
I wouldn't count on it working with a PS2.
Weird, their website says that the PS2 version works with "all Logitech wheels", i may have to inquire further.

Crowze said:
There is a mod floating about that fixes the Finland tracks. I'm not sure if they forgot or just couldn't be bothered, but ploughing through snow like that just shouldn't be possible. It isn't in the MG.

The mod was a good idea, but the video's make it look quite funny. In the mod, crashing into the snow sends you 20 feet into the air, and if you land back on the snow, you go even higher.

Crowze said:
I've got a Audigy 2 Platinum - I think all the cards are basically the same (not sure about the newer ones like the ZS or whatever it is), it's just the extra breakout box or drive bay thing that changes.

I don't really need the front box, so I might just go and get the Audigy 2 ZS.

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
If their site says that, it's probably from a source more well-informed about it than me ;).

I'd urge anyone here who plays RBR to register for Blackhole Motorsports Hotlaps system. You download a little app which automatically monitors the games and submits your best times to their site, where you can compare them with everyone else's. We could even form a team ;).

Last edited:

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
Crowze said:
If their site says that, it's probably from a source more well-informed about it than me ;).

I'd urge anyone here who plays RBR to register for Blackhole Motorsports Hotlaps system. You download a little app which automatically monitors the games and submits your best times to their site, where you can compare them with everyone else's. We could even form a team ;).
Yeah, um, problem with that. My time on "Diamond crest" or whatever it was in Nevada was 12 seconds, apparently. I was originally really pissed off that it erased my best time of 3:40, since that was my favorite track. It would be funny if i submitted that though, wouldn't it? GTO even thinks its legit.

Anywho, I like the idea of forming a team, hows this sound?

Team Name: INFiltration
Team Description:
They rallied for realism, battled for balance, and grinned at gameplay, but they were missing something else... Speed.

Last edited:

TheShiningWizard

Because it's more fantastical.
Jun 26, 2000
Derelan said:
They rallied for realism, battled for balance, and grinned at gameplay, but they were missing something else... Speed.
And a community of more than 5 actual players :p

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
Dere, you're required to submit a replay (the utility does it automatically).. if you've got one, please share it :p.

Not quite sure what teams actually do. I think it just takes the best times from all the members and compares it with other teams.

EDIT: Made a team, give me a PM (if I haven't sent you one already) and I'll give you the team password for joining.

Last edited:

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
Crowze said:
Dere, you're required to submit a replay (the utility does it automatically).. if you've got one, please share it :p.

Of course I don't, I just opened up RBR one day and it decided that i completed Diamond Creek in 12 seconds. When I try to submit the score, i get this:

Your time at USA 3 has been rejected by supervisor system. derelan: Player has not improved since last submission. You must practise more.