More Taunts!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

lllDash

Nov 28, 2011
originally I thought there were only 2 taunt animations in UT3, but then I noticed some bots started doing some new ones whenever they won a match:eek:. How can I perform these taunts myself?

I think each model has 2 unique taunts or something but I'd have to fire up the game to jar my memory. I think you're seeing different ones than your model has but if you cycle through all the characters and use the 2 key bindings for each you'll see them all.

If memory serves!

lllDash

Nov 28, 2011
I think you're thinking of UT2004. In UT3 everyone uses the same taunts (the victory dance and thrust). Is there a way to bind keys in the console? something like: "Bind L Taunt3" "Bind ; Taunt4" (I've already tried these, they don't work) or some other way of doing it in a text editor? Thanx in advance ^_^

Last edited:

lllDash

Nov 28, 2011
Thanks man. I did not know that additional taunts are located in the command menu. Kinda confusing because the configure controls menu only lists taunt 1 and 2.

Is there a way to bind a key to any of these additional taunts?

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
Yes, you can use (bind) playemote Taunt command, for example:

playemote TauntA 1
playemote TauntE 1
playemote TauntF 1

and so on.

lllDash

Nov 28, 2011
THANK YOU SO MUCH! THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR! The only problem is when I bind a taunt in the console (setbind U playemote TauntA 1) and then exit the game it forgets it all and I have to do it again.
hmm.......I'm gonna try and see if it works if I do it in the *.ini file.

lllDash

Nov 28, 2011
OK, I've tried it in UTinput.ini in C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config\ and no success. Can you also tell me how to bind these new taunts PERMANENTLY! Thanx.