More complex Movers ???

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Indy

Nov 19, 1999
Visit site
Does anyone know how to make moving vehicles in Unreal? (Like the train in the Half Life intro)

It should also be able to move forward and turn (left/right or up/down) in one move!

I have read somewhere that there is a framekey limit (of 7?). Is it true?

Endre

Aridale N. Belmont

Nov 9, 1999
www.hexenworld.com
Well ya see its like this. =) You CAN do it with movers in the game but its not as easy as you just makin a mdl of what you want and importing it then sccripting it to be controlled by the player when they 'touch' it. For examples of what I mean play Unloaded for Unreal they have cars in a test level for it. Its pretty cool.

Ari

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
Actually Ari he's referring to the Movers not moving models.

Yes you can make Mover's like that found in HL's intro train. I'm not sure if you can get it to that much in one shot but it can't hurt to try. Here's what you do...

First make sure the red brush is at the normal scale, so quickly reset the scale (this plays a role later so it's important).

Next subtract a section of the map that isn't part of the regular map. You're gonna use it as a building area.

Then simply create the shape of the Mover there.

Then when it's done, rebuild the map, click on the subtraction brush that encompasses the soon-to-mover shape, right-click=>Copy to=>Copy to brush.

Then click on the intersection button.

Now you've got the right shape with the red brush. Then click on the Add Mover button.

Simply add all the Keyframes to the desired place. One note, all the Keyframes are initially set in the same spot as Keyframe 0 so everytime you change it to a new Keyframe it'll be back at the origin.

And the final trick to making sure all of this works in the end. Go into the Mover's properties=>Mover=>NumKey setting needs to be set to the number of Keyframes that are being used.

Yes there is a limit keyframes, technically 8 for any specific Mover. That also adds the first Keyframe, something you should also keep in mind when you're determining the NumKey setting.

Indy

Nov 19, 1999
Visit site
Thank you for the answers!

Actually I would like to make a sp-map with a mine ride as part of the map(-pack?) (see: Indiana Jones and the temple of doom)
You know... rolling really fast through an underground mine... turning left-right (uphill-downhill) very fast...falling down and continue the ride on another track below...

I hope you understand what I mean...

8 keyframes are not enough for this :-(

Has anyone any good idea? (Such a map would look cool! ...I think)

Endre

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
Well there is one more way but the problem is I don't really know much about how to use it.

If you take a look at the NaliBoat.unr map and look at the boat, you'll find out that it doesn't use Keyframes but it uses PathPoints. I'm not sure how accurate these but I don't think they are very accurate considering they used only once and with a boat.