1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Monster Hunt Maps

Discussion in 'Nali City' started by Mavoric, Jan 12, 2004.

1. Mavoric

Mavoric www.mavoric.net

Wow lots of posts :)!! I got my Unreal Tournament Ladders working at www.mavoric.co.uk but at the moment theres on 1 ladders!!! wot other ladders u want on it!

2. Mavoric

Mavoric www.mavoric.net

I need 2000 unique hits a day @ www.mavoric.co.uk before i can get a free server !! :mad: (HINT HINT) :lol:

3. Hermskii

Hermskii www.Hermskii.com

Someone beat me to this I see and I'm fine with that. I actually came here to challenge the mappers here to make some good MH maps and to ask if anyone had any. If you never played MH before, then you need to download, install it and play it. It is fun but don't judge it on only one or two maps. Play it for the night and eventually you'll finally get a good map and really see what it is all about. It is a BLAST! So, if you pride yourself on your map making abilities and you think you're up to the challenge, please try to make Monster Hunt maps. This mod is surely one of the best ever made and it is a shame that the mappers where just to weak to make very many good maps. Plenty of time has passed. All of your map making skills are sharp. Do it! Make Monster Hunt maps and put them up on NaliCity. I can't believe that there is only one listed so far. Thanks to everyone who will even try. Be sure to post something here when you have all of the maps available for download. Thanks all.

4. Skillz

Skillz ut-files.com

I don't think they are good enough to make maps for Monster Hunt. Which probably explains why there are only a few good ones, and the others suck so bad. Mapping must be difficult for it, and mappers just aren't up to the challenge.

5. Mavoric

Mavoric www.mavoric.net

yeh, theres always the problem that the AI will always get stuck at one point! I just find it fun shooting em off the map ;)

6. NeoNite

NeoNite Worst hack fraud ever

I don't think there's that much interest in making mh maps though.
    Well, it seems the wrong ... "mappers" are interested :hmm:
    I'm not targeting everyone, you know the ones I'm referring to.

And it seems that most talented mappers have moved to ut2K3 or stick to making dm/ctf maps for ut.

btw: there are few mh maps with(decent) bot support. It CAN be more fun with humans. It all depends on who you're playing with ... :-B
    I was playing a botgame in Icy-canyon this one time, a bot got stuck in the water.. was about to drown.
    It's only A.I. I know. But I jumped in, took pulse gun and pushed it out of the water (while the bot was crying "SAME TEAM" lol ). Well yeah, I really want to be a teamplayer, sue me :p :D :)

btw: something funny about that pool though. Sometimes it's pretty hard climbing out the water...

edit: I play MH 90% of the times online.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2004
  7. Nahand

Nahand !!! God Of Random !1?

About mapping...

I'm still learning, and i'm in a UT "stasis" ATM, but i *will* map for anything UT that gets my interest.

That includes:
    DM
    DOM (little)
    CTF
    AS

RA
    JB
    MH

8. Skillz

Skillz ut-files.com

I am thinkin about having a mapping contest for Monster Hunt. Winner recieves 1 year of free web hosting. This will include something like 500 MB of web space, 1.5 GB of bandwidth, unlimited email addresses, ect.. Not sure how what I want to include in the package.

What do you guys think?

9. Zur

Zur surrealistic mad cow

If you ahead with this idea, I think you should ask people to talk about on all the forums they know. Webspace will definitely be something a content creator will be looking for.

10. Skillz

Skillz ut-files.com

I am, and I have.

www.utmh.com is the web site. It's posted on the front page. Everyone please pass this around to as many sites as you know. Thanks.

11. Mavoric

Mavoric www.mavoric.net

Back to the MH idea. If there are any moderators out there :) could dey make it so u can use monster in gametypes like tdm and so u can add them into game and record scores etc. Theres one out but it doesnt really work like i would like :(