Model posture and bots

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

LCJr.

Apr 14, 2001
Visit site
Couple more questions.

Do you have any shots of the models running? Its always been a pet peeve of mine that no one has done a model yet with a realistic combat posture. They're always too upright. More like they're out for a stroll in the park not trying to stay low and alive. If you seen any combat footage you what I'm talking about.

I hope your going to purge all the UT bot messages. I swear if I hear or see one "Base is uncovered!"....

And last will offline play be possible and fleshed out/enjoyable? Or is it a non-priority?

butto

Red Orchestra Coder
If you make them go forward they will run through walls compliments of UT's collision cylinders. It also looks very awkward I might add. Bots do not use the same new things added for the players. They are also dumb. Multiplayer has all of our priority right now. Playing with bots is no fun anyway.

LegalAssassin

Just follow the white rabbit...
Nov 24, 2001
Sweden
WTF?! Bots are the only I play with (except my brother, but... same skill :p ) Sure, it's boring, but me and das 56k gives me a ping of 1000+ and I can kick the cs servers with a 1000+ ping, it's no fun in UT....:(

LCJr.

Apr 14, 2001
Visit site
Thanks for the info on the collision cylinders.

If your multi-player client is as good as you say then I can live without them. I'm on 56k and thats not going to change anytime soon so we'll see.

I hope they're at least functional enough to provide some decent target practice. Oh and btw the bots are as smart as the person that programs them:)

butto

Red Orchestra Coder
Yea, well guess what? I am only one man and I got ****loads of stuff to do. Working on bots just doesn't have the priority. I also have no motivation to work on them because they are not fun to code and I only enjoy playing against real people, generally people I know.

DooMfreak

Feb 16, 2001
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Bots!? Who needs bots? Bots aren't needed. Just do what I do: Choose a level, choose some weapons, and then 'pretend' you are playing against real players online. It can be quite a bit of fun, you can do whatever you want and if you fail doing a cool move you can always try it over again, plus you never get shot (killing yourself after you run out of ammo is just another game altogether).

LegalAssassin

Just follow the white rabbit...
Nov 24, 2001
Sweden
Originally posted by DooMfreak
Bots!? Who needs bots? Bots aren't needed. Just do what I do: Choose a level, choose some weapons, and then 'pretend' you are playing against real players online. It can be quite a bit of fun, you can do whatever you want and if you fail doing a cool move you can always try it over again, plus you never get shot (killing yourself after you run out of ammo is just another game altogether).

*HINT* Get of those pills, Doomfreak :con:

SoulSurfer

TTR Beta Tester
Nov 17, 2001
UK
Visit site
i'm planning on hireing a person to run back and forth with a floppy disk to download and upload data, i'm sure i could gain some speed on dialup that way

{Ghetto_Ghepetto}

I am #1 Asian big boob queen!
Jun 4, 2001
CA
Originally posted by LCJr.
Oh and btw the bots are as smart as the person that
programs them
Originally posted by Ryback

:rolleyes:...

Hmmm...

Yes, sure.
Ryback, don't even pay attention to jackasses like LCJr. Just keep on doing what YOU want to do and don't let people differ your dreams or goals. Just a comment, not to be taken to the heart. :)

battle ferret

Dec 22, 2001
Visit site
Oh and btw the bots are as smart as the person that programs them

so youre saying that everyones stupid? i have yet to come across a bot that was smart.

good point on the posture tho. maybe you could have four postures? standing, half standing, crouching and prone.

LCJr.

Apr 14, 2001
Visit site
Be interesting to see what the SAS team can do with the bots AI. Considering they're putting their main focus on the single-player campaign.

Ryback

Jul 23, 2001
Madrid, Spain
SAS team are doing a great job with their mod, I'm sure they will finish it, I don't know if they will do it before us or after us, but it is not really important, since there is no race.