UE2 - UT2kX Model doesn't work online

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

AlCapowned

Jan 20, 2010
I've imported a custom model into Ued, set its skin, and gave it the male mercenary animation set. I have a .utx, .upl, and .ukx file for this model. It works perfectly in instant action and LAN games, but I'm forced to be Jakob when I join another person's server or host a dedicated server of my own. Custom models that I downloaded work online, so I'm guessing there's a problem with the imported model. However, UT2004.log and Server.log don't show any errors. I'm not sure if they're supposed to, though. :eek:

Can anyone that has put any custom models into UT2003/UT2004 help me?

evilgrins

God of Fudge
Sep 9, 2011
Palo Alto, CA
unreal-games.livejournal.com
Been there

If you join somebody else's game you see Jakob cuz they don't have whatever it is you're wearing. If you're seeing Jakob on your own games, that's a little more complicated.

In my case, I was playing ut2004 and I got my hands on models for Unreal 2 Skaarj. They were working fine until I got a voicepack for those skaarj but because the files for the voices were so damned similar to the ones for the model, both in files names and content, it caused interference and the model/skin wouldn't work until I deleted the voicepack.

What you have sounds like a file conflict.

AlCapowned

Jan 20, 2010
Thanks for the reply. I think I saved the model several times when I was messing around with animations, so you're probably right.