Minor suggestion

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Streaks

Crunchings and munchings!
Mar 25, 2001
VA
www.incomeforliving.com
Well, I got a chance to finally play on the server this weekend (using the name Arawn as I was at my friend's house) and, the only thing I saw that I did not like, in the hour or two I had to try it (he has DSL), was that the shotgun is pump only.

Now, I am guessing that this was done to discourage the shotgun whores out there and I'm all for that. However, to have a _pump_ shotgun vs full auto, is rather foolharty at best. So, here is my suggestion as a compramise...

Why not have it be based on a timing system of felt recoil? So, you could get off a double tap but the second shot would be high and the third would be threatening to hit the light fixtures. Because, I was trying the M3 out just to see the coolness of finally being able to look down the sites, and kept getting smoked due to my chambering a round on the slide (never been fond of that animation anyway, and the sound for the husks hitting the ground is horrid IMO).

I've become fond of the M3 for close work on tight maps when I play vs bots and, I have yet to dump a tube like I see the SG whores doing on public servers. Some of us just want that fast follow up shot, I mean, it's why the semiautomatic was invented :D

Anyway, I'm no coder and, not even good at math so I have no clue how hard that'd be to impliment, heck, I can hardly spell most times :D I was thinking something along the lines of, shooting the first round, then it times and, if another round is fired before the cooldown cycle, the recoil is amplified, this would be cumulitave(sp) so that, anything over say, two or three rounds tapped off would be impossible.

So, there it is. I mean, I love being able to actually AIM the weapon now, it's fantastic! I just want to be a viable(sp) combat unit with it instead of get'n one round off and then being smoked :mad:

Thanks for reading this :smile:

Streaks/A Hapless Victim

"Good....................bad................................................I'm the guy with the gun"

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
Uhh... I hate to say this, after that long post, but...
The shotgun still has semi. Its the hud indicator thats broken, it always says the same thing. The shotgun works and switches back and forth just fine.

Heh, in reality Im a better shot with the the durn things then I am in inf. Three shots in a row is easy.

Streaks

Crunchings and munchings!
Mar 25, 2001
VA
www.incomeforliving.com
Thanks for the reply : )

Like I said, I didn't really have a long time to mess with it. I was still giddy about being able to actually use the sites. After that, I went back to MP5 sniping ; )

I do ok with 'em IRL too, not as good as my wife who's old hat at bird and deer but I do ok. I still however, could not dump anything over a single or double tap on semiauto, when using 3" Mag rounds, it just tears me up too much.....of course, the weapon I was using at the time didn't have much of a pad and I was in a plain jacket too so that probably has a _little_ to do with it :D

And the arthritis in my neck can't help things any either :mad:

Streaks/A Hapless Victim

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
I remember when I first saw the sites changed. I had picked up the shottie from the ground since my main weapon was out (forgot to bring extra clips...don't ask :p) and I stood mesmorized by the change...until Imperial came around the corner and shot me :D