UE2 - UT2kX Mesh for the museum, 9K+..Is that a problem?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dusky

Feb 25, 2010
My current Mesh for the museum is around 9281 triangles, although this 9k will be subdivided in seperate meshes im still a little worried it might be too much.

Eventually the plan is to divide this model in:

10 generic rooms, 5 smaller parts of the middle.

So eventually it will be split in like 15 parts give or take, each weighing about 100~1000 polygons.

My question is if the engine can still handle this, mind you the original model i had to work with already had 20k polygons so i already had to cut down a lot, im now wondering if this is still playable? If not im think i might need to reconstruct it with bsp's and only use smaller meshes for details.

However since the idea is to eventually move this to a ut3 or its own game through udk i thought it would be handy to have the building as a mesh.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated im still learning the process of optimalization. I do want to use zoning for this one btw.

Attachments

• ref_9k.jpg
    ref_9k.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 3DModel_UnSkinned_09-04_10_V3.jpg
    3DModel_UnSkinned_09-04_10_V3.jpg
    399.1 KB · Views: 12