Maya UV mapping options -

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RFairey

King of the Faireys
Aug 2, 2000
Somewhere Else
Visit site
I'm playing around with the UV mapping window in MAYA, (having finally worked out how to actually move these damn things called UVs). The various automatic options in maya are ok, but seem to be based on mapping against a number of planes - say 6 in a cube formation. Is there an option somewhere that will map the UVs from each polygon in a model against the plane of the polygon itself? Ie I want the texture on each face to have a 1:1 aspect ratio and not be distorted in any way. I don't care how many pieces I end up with since I intend to position each polygons UVs manually afterwards.

RFairey

King of the Faireys
Aug 2, 2000
Somewhere Else
Visit site
OK - is there any easy way to select all the polygons at once, and set them this way? Planar mapping maps your selection to a single plane, so polys that are almost perpendicular to that plane get distorted mapping. I can use planar mapping individually on each one but that would take ages, I just want something quick that will set the polygons with a map that dosn't distort it, so i can just drag and rotate the polys UVs in the editor to line up with patterning on the texture.