[max7] exporting a weapon w/o animations

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

psistorm

Nov 2, 2003
Visit site
so, Ive read quite a bit into that stuff, but I couldnt get it right so far.
what I have:
textured mesh, converted to editable mesh
2 point helpers (bone weapon and bone flashA) hierarchically linked to the weapon (maybe the wrong hierarchy? its mesh -> bone weapon -> bone flashA)
edit:
used skin modifier to assign the whole mesh to bone weapon, saved as psk, but got unmatched node ID errors. upon importing in UED3, the ED crashes...

what I need:
this thing in ut2k4. I wont need any animations, since it will be seen in 3rd person only and will be verrry small on the screen.

can anyone give me a quick heads up on how to export something like this with actorx plugin?

Last edited by a moderator:

billy240clint@hotmail

|*BILLY$CLINT*|
Jan 21, 2006
This is what you have you do

I have had this problem my self but try clicking all the check boxes so that you have all selectd and textured checked . You should also get a box that tells you if the exporter exported any vertices(around 1200 is good for a weapon) Also when you export you should get a log file. Read that file and it could tell you what is wrong. Any thing eles or need more help write me an e-mail..billy240clint@hotmail.com..Hope that helps