MapVote UT2004 and GameSpeed

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Yogi

Jul 13, 2003
Visit site
Hi,

I try to set the GameSpeed via MapVote (via Options) but it doesn't work, no matter which GameSpeed I choose it's always the default GameSpeed of the server and not the speed from the Options. And yes :) the GameSpeed Mutator is part of the Mutators in MapVote.

I did this with the MapVote in UT2003 without any problems but it looks like that it doesn't work in UT2004, is there a reason why MapVote ignores the Option part? Or is there something I have to change so that it works?

Bye,

Yogi

Last edited:

BDB

May 9, 2000
NC, USA
www.planetunreal.com
It's Not MapVote that ignores the command line option, it is UT2004.
I asked Epic if they could fix this and they said that they don't want people messing with the game speed.
So there's nothing I can do about it. Someone else could probably make a mutator that
fixes this.

Yogi

Jul 13, 2003
Visit site
I deleted my last answer to your message :) because I don't get why a UnrealGame.MutGameSpeed (http://unreal.student.utwente.nl/uncodex-ut2004/Source_unrealgame/mutgamespeed.html) exist when Epic don't want the people to "mess around" with the GameSpeed? There is a new property "NewGameSpeed" which I can set in the UT2004.ini to set a new GameSpeed but it looks like I can't use "NewGameSpeed" from the command line. I know you can't change it but I don't get what Epic tries to accomplish with this limitation.

Bye,

Yogi

BDB

May 9, 2000
NC, USA
www.planetunreal.com
Yogi said:
I deleted my last answer to your message :) because I don't get why a UnrealGame.MutGameSpeed (http://unreal.student.utwente.nl/uncodex-ut2004/Source_unrealgame/mutgamespeed.html) exist when Epic don't want the people to "mess around" with the GameSpeed? There is a new property "NewGameSpeed" which I can set in the UT2004.ini to set a new GameSpeed but it looks like I can't use "NewGameSpeed" from the command line. I know you can't change it but I don't get what Epic tries to accomplish with this limitation.

Bye,

Yogi

The problem is in GameInfo.InitGame.
It parses the command line options (GameSpeed) and calls SetGameSpeed
before the mutators are loaded.
Problem is bAllowMPGameSpeed is false at that time so it ignores the command line option. The mutator changes the bAllowMPGameSpeed to true
and then calls SetGameSpeed therefore it works.
You could easily create a mutator fashioned after the MutGameSpeed mutators that would could ether change the game speed based on the gametype. Not sure but it might be able to access the command line options.

As far a the reason why they dont want us messing with the gamespeed, I don't understand it myself but I'm not going to argue about it.