1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Maps?

Discussion in 'Nali City' started by Chew-This, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Chew-This

Chew-This New Member

I'm having a difficult time finding the Map section associated to this forum?
    In this section it had options for different types/styles/versions of maps.
    It must have had over a 1000 different maps you could download.
    Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
    I use to beable to find it here:
    http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com

But now the forum pops up instead.:(

Last edited: Jun 23, 2008
  2. Lightning_Hunter

Lightning_Hunter Member

I'm pretty sure Nali City is having issues again, so they probably just redirected the users to the forums instead. Nali City was down for about a week before they redirected us here. My bet is you won't be able to download any maps from Nali City anytime soon.

I hope it just means they are working on stuff... It would be a shame to see Nali City go like this.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2008
  3. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

4. Lightning_Hunter

Lightning_Hunter Member

Great... On top of losing Nali City to the BU crash, we have to worry about this. This is how great sites die...

5. UBerserker

UBerserker old EPIC GAMES

Maps aren't lost, there's still the BU FileWorks which is easy to use :)

6. Chew-This

Chew-This New Member

Care to elaborate?

7. Hourences

Hourences New Member

8. UBerserker

UBerserker old EPIC GAMES

The link posted by Hourences leads to the BU FileWorks, dude. Everyone should know it now.

9. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

We need a new site, a new site with a completely new name, that host every Epic Games's titles.
    Like the Epic Games FSP banana, without all the junk and kiddies.

10. milb

milb ****** from Teen Arts

Totally agree...
    Better try to do a new site. Most people will reupload their stuff. And to be honest: After half a year without nalicity I don't really care about it anymore.

11. Chew-This

Chew-This New Member

12. Nahand

Nahand !!! God Of Random !1?

... i believe that's the general ideia [\sarcasm], but really, even if UT/Unreal games are [seemingly] slowing down on popularity (due to whatever reasons we all know and aren't worth posting about now), that doesn't mean a popular hosting site like NaliCity should go away. I like UT and [heck!] even fire up UT2004 every now and then, and sure as heck i'd continue support those games for as long as i can run them on a PC - and don't come with the 'oh, so old games' talk. Many 'old' games still hold today with devoted comunities (iD products, most notably), and UT IMO is one of those games going that way. That said, Nalicity, as one of the best repository for easy and *configurable* map search (and *gulp* reviews) SHOULD come back online. There's too many history and content over this site along the years, not to be respected...

...exactly. And even if some don't want to bother, the system Nalicity had of allowing upload and then giving credit to the proper author completely solves such problem...

...heretic! :D ... but really, i miss Nalicity soooooooo much :| . And the idea of supporting other games other than Unreal games was already under work (Gears Of War, at least), and, given proper server space, i'd most certainly support the idea of including most [popular] UnrealEngine games with mapediting capabilities (i know, but...)...

/wants Nalicity back!

*cries in room corner*