map is bound to texture file not being used. Ued2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

daver

Mar 29, 2005
When i made my map, i accidentally used a texture from a texture file that came from somebody elses map i downloaded. I changed the texture to one of the UT original textures, but when i try to run it on a system that doesn't have that previous texture file installed, it won't work.

It won't even load up the map in Ued2 if that texture file is removed. If i put the texture file back in the texture directory, everything works. I'm not using any texture from that pack (that i know of).

If i delete all the textures from that file, it still works also.

Now, i don't want to include somebody elses rather large texture file when i upload my map. How do i detach my map from this texture file? Is there a way to locate a particular texture on a map?

d

_shank

Jul 15, 2005
Hmm...if you goto to InUse tab in the texture browser it will show you how many BSP surfaces or Static meshes have the texture applied to it.

There is also a Find Replace texture tool that you could use, goto the InUse tab in the texture browser and bring up the Find Replace Texture(sorry cannot say exactly where it as i dont have UT installed at home) and then select the BAD texture in find and in replace it with some GOOD texture.

Hope this helps.

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
Again, hes using UED2 which does not has staticmeshes nor a decent in use tab or other stuff

You do use the texture, what happened is that you substracted a certain brush with the texture selected and therefor it put that tex on all sides of your substraction
In other words, the texture is somewhere on a surface thats invisible because you substracted something over it, its on the back of certain polygones that you cant see anymore

Select the offending texture in texture browser and push q on keyboard
Now select another texture, something you do use and while having it selected rebuild geo

Second option is to type "Texture cull" in command bar at the bottom left
And rebuild

daver

Mar 29, 2005
thanks for the replies guys, i'll give it a try and update (after i get some sleep).

d

daver

Mar 29, 2005
well it worked. I found in the menu, under tools, there was an option "replace textures." from there it was point and click.

thanks again,

d