UE2 - UT2kX Making a fish swimming.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

massimilianogoi

Nov 30, 2008
Hello everyone.

I tried to create a fish that swims underwater, using the Havok_Flying option under the Physics->InitialHavokState property:

2exab8y.jpg

The fish floats, but it never go in deepness. As you could see, the path was made in a way that the fish have to go down, but this didn't succeeded, and it keeps to "swim" at the same plane when it started to move.

Why?

xMurphyx

Jun 2, 2008
liandri.darkbb.com
No sarcasm. I was just judging by the array of buttons I have never seen before...

@massi:
I have no idea what you can do in UnrealEd. I'm only here because the icon said it was UnrealEngine 2.
What you can do to get any sort of help is to change the icon by editing your post above (if it's still possible) so people who know something about UnrealEngine 3 don't have to stumble in here by accident.:)

leakingpaint

Registered Idiot
Not sure

I don't know the answer to your question, I'm interested in this thread because I'd like to do a similiar thing but I'm even less sure than you.

Did you model the fish and set up bones for a skeletal mesh? and then import into unrealEd? Once you have your model in unreal, what then? Any guides would be appreciated, external links?

Sorry I couldn't help but I'm a junior here so all i can do is read and listen to the more experienced people.

massimilianogoi

Nov 30, 2008
I don't know the answer to your question, I'm interested in this thread because I'd like to do a similiar thing but I'm even less sure than you.

Did you model the fish and set up bones for a skeletal mesh? and then import into unrealEd? Once you have your model in unreal, what then? Any guides would be appreciated, external links?

Yes, of course. Once I have my model in unreal, it moves only in a plane bidimensional, XY plane, talking mathematically, but in the z axys it doesn't move.

Guides?? There it is: http://www.neomagination.com/tutorials/09_02Rigging.html

Sorry I couldn't help but I'm a junior here so all i can do is read and listen to the more experienced people.

No problem! :D

massimilianogoi

Nov 30, 2008
Ok, I'll reveal then: it's Thief 3. And it runs under the unreal 2003 engine. That's why I asked here, because in the ttlg forum there aren't people skilled like here with this kind of issues.