UE1 - UT Make items stay small or large problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

fronjohn

Aug 7, 2008
Hey guys im trying to figure a way to enlarge or reduce the size (I mean it) y i meant it its because every time i reduce an item like this, Example:3.000000 draw scale make it 1.000000 draw scale, and when i test it it still looks like 3.000000 in game but it says 1.000000 in the editor :( , how do i make it to the size amount i want the actor item to be, when it always stays default size in game, any help guys? :(

War_Master

May 27, 2005
Make sure to save the map right after you made the changes, launch the map as a Multiplayer game and not the test game launched with UED.

Don't forget that there's a button to rebuild paths which in this case all items are paths as well. Also, you should know that you can reset the reachspecs of all paths by selecting/highlighting all pathnodes (or all items of its own class), right click on one of them and go to Order>To Last in the option window that opens. By not resetting them the pathing gets screwed up for the bots because everytime you rebuild the paths it adds more reachspecs and also increases file size.

War_Master

May 27, 2005
This is what I found at the end of http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:Unreal_Mapping_FAQ_%28UT%29

Q: My reachspecs keep increasing at each rebuild. Can I decrease it again?

A: Reachspecs keep increasing at each rebuild even when you didn't change the pathnode network. To clean things up you do the following:

1. Select a Pathnode.
2. Right-Click it and click Select All Pathnodes.
3. Right-Click again and go to Order and click To Last.
4. Rebuild paths.

Now the reachspecs should be reset.

fronjohn

Aug 7, 2008
It decreases my reach specs ya but the item is still is large, i did the steps correctly nothing only reach specks change,i save it right after i changed and rebuild still nothing, i selected also all of em and put To Last Nothing, Only reach specks are lowered not size.... of the item, also tested with saved on multiplayer/practice nothing...

Last edited:

fronjohn

Aug 7, 2008
confused bump

ammo/pickups or weapon as well just to reply to let u guys know, sorry for 2x posting :( i just thought u guys weren't there

Heres what i practically mean sorry i suck at using Paint

I want this(What i dont want)
better2.jpg

It says in Draw Scale 1.000000 if u cant see it

To this to (see In game of coarse!!)
Better.jpg

It says in Draw Scale 0.200000 if u cant see it

And the reason why there are in textured meshes is because im making items from food products of there textures to use em as pick up items with that type of mesh(sprite formation), so that it wont be to large for the players to pick them up

P.S:the other windows shows of a map that will include the Food Pickups, that is still currently Developing :)

Last edited: