UE2 - UT2kX Main subtraction room bsp hole

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Turbo K

Turbo K
Feb 8, 2010
California
I made a large subtracted area to create my map in and the top and bottom of it is one large bsp hole that distorts your fov. I made sure it was a power of 2 and was aligned on the grid. I have tried all kinds of remedies, but none of them work. Any help?

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
Can I request a build, screenshots of the entire level and the particular issue, things like that? It would make looking into the problem a lot easier.

Turbo K

Turbo K
Feb 8, 2010
California
I'm not even sure if it is a bsp hole. The room is rectangular shaped and the top and bottom sides of it are visible in unreal ed, but when I rebuild and play the level they are not. For example, when I fire the sheildgun, there is just a big green sheet across the top.

Turbo K

Turbo K
Feb 8, 2010
California
Yes. It just made the problem worse.

Attachments

• Shot00030.jpg
    Shot00030.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Shot00031.jpg
    Shot00031.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Shot00032.jpg
    Shot00032.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Shot00033.jpg
    Shot00033.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Shot00034.jpg
    Shot00034.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
Are you using fog?
If yes, what you are seeing is the point of the fog becoming absolute, therefor not rendering anything beyond that point. If this is the case, then the remedy is to ease up on the fog by a lot, so that on any sightline the fog cannot reach its outer boundary.

rejecht

Attention Micronians
Jun 15, 2009
.no
sites.google.com
Did you set up a sky box?

1. Subtract a separate space (usually smaller) for the sky box.
2. Add a SkyZoneInfo in the sky box.
3. Build all.

Distance fog is not required for this to work.

EQ²

Code Monkey
Oct 30, 2004
Near Birmingham, UK
www.teambse.co.uk
The problem still exists even with little or no fog. Should I just scrap this map and try again?
How large is your main subtraction box? You will also get the HOM effect if you can see further than the maximum draw distance (around 65000 units) and don't have a sky box. In this case adding a sky box as suggested above would also fix your issue, you can just make the skybox the same colour as the fog.

EQ²

Code Monkey
Oct 30, 2004
Near Birmingham, UK
www.teambse.co.uk
In that case it should do. The other thing you could try is setting bClearToFogColor on your ZoneInfo actor that defines the fog, which should tell it to fill with fog colour wherever it hits the max draw distance.

EQ²

Code Monkey
Oct 30, 2004
Near Birmingham, UK
www.teambse.co.uk
How large is your main subtraction box? You will also get the HOM effect if you can see further than the maximum draw distance (around 65000 units) and don't have a sky box. In this case adding a sky box as suggested above would also fix your issue.....

The view distance in UE2 is limited to about 65000 units. Anything above that will cause the "Hall Of Mirrors" (HOM) effect you experienced.

I don't get it, because I post infrequently my posts are somehow invisible? :( Next time I'll just keep quiet.