Mac memory probs

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mr_Buddha

Jun 25, 2001
Visit site
Hey all I just got Inf for my G3 350 128 ram mac and I am having memory problems. Whenever I start it up it runs fine until I try to load a game or the shooting range. It will automatically quit saying I have run out of memory and I should up the minimum and preferred memory which I did. The suggested is 200k and right now I have min. at 8000 k and preferred at 120000k. Unreal Tourney runs fine at these settings so this doesn't make sense to me. Please Help! Thanks
Mr Buddha

PorterINF

Apr 10, 2001
Visit site
You really need to get more ram. 128MB can be found for very cheap on the web right now, although I would get 256MB if I were you. I had UT set at 190000k to even run properly in INF. Your virtual memory needs to be set high enough to run INF and MacOS (can't remember formula, I know you set VM less than double actual ram). You can install UTManager from VersionTracker and you can set it to disable finder to save memory.

Khral

Jun 27, 2001
Originally posted by PorterINF
You really need to get more ram. 128MB can be found for very cheap on the web right now, although I would get 256MB if I were you. I had UT set at 190000k to even run properly in INF. Your virtual memory needs to be set high enough to run INF and MacOS (can't remember formula, I know you set VM less than double actual ram). You can install UTManager from VersionTracker and you can set it to disable finder to save memory.

UTManager, eh? Sounds sweet!! I mean if you could quit the Finder you could theoretically use ALL physical RAM installed in the computer, right? I've got 160 MB of RAM installed on my iMac, which just barely forces me to use virtual memory to push it around 150-160MB allocated into running Infiltration.

But... unfortunately I couldn't find this utility/script in versiontracker.com or macgamefiles.com. Does it go by any other names? Thanks.

PorterINF

Apr 10, 2001
Visit site
Here is the link at VersionTracker UT Manager, but I couldn't get the site to load, it could be busy. If it doesn't load up later I'll try to upload to a link.

Yes, all ram could be used for UT!

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA