Mac Launcher for DA2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

FluXs

old skool
Feb 12, 2002
United Kingdom
was posted at beyond unreal a while ago.

A mac program is out which auto launches mods installed for UT2004

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/games/utilities/utmodlauncher.html

It seems good as I heard people find it hard to launch mods like from the DA:UT days as you have to write scripts.

I dont have a mac, but I intend to link to this launcher or include it on site etc if its any good for when DA2 is out.

Anyone who has a mac, any feedback on how it works would be good, such as how it works... Does it auto detect mods and add them to the list? does the user have to select a mod to be added first? etc

The site says it adds them to the list for you, but a real trial and feedback would be great of if we should include or link to it.

Last edited:

Santaduck

Mar 18, 2005
Hi guys,

I had a short talk with abs a few weeks ago. I'm the cofounder of the mac mods site www.macologist.org, and we've done launchers for FO, RO, and more, and we could write a dedicated one for DA2 as well. Certainly the mod launching utilities (we have about 3 in our site downloads) will work as well. What we can write is a short applescript that the user sees as an application icon: they double click & it goes. They can even drag it into the OS X launcher called the "Dock".

We can also package a dedicated mac installer for you guys using Apple Packagemaker, and wrap it in an OS X disk image (.dmg).

What I need to know is the exact folder name of the mod, and I can post the application immediately. Also if you have a graphic to use as an icon (128x128) for the launcher, that would be ideal.

Abs- I am asking my staff for a reviewer for you. You can PM me at www.macologist.org, or email me at santaduck @ gmail.com, or AIM me at Santaduck51, or icq 136301082 , or msn santaduck@hotmail. As Mac is openGL only, it should also be a nice test for OGL in general.

Last edited:

FluXs

old skool
Feb 12, 2002
United Kingdom
Hey that sounds great!

The folder name is DA2 which sits in the root like the other mods RO, FO.

x:\UT2004\DA2

Ill get a graphic soon for you, and the Mac installer sounds a great idea too... (Y)

PS.

Your site seems to be down

Last edited:

Santaduck

Mar 18, 2005
Initial test launcher (w/out icon) is located at:
http://www.santaduck.com/ut2k4/DA2_maclaunchertest.app.sit

UT2k4's mac binary has some bugs in the -mod= switch, so you'll notice that if you have a splash graphic, it will show up properly on launch, which is not the case with all mac launcher utilities. Also, when we do get the icon, we'll need to compress it with the .sit format (standard for Macs), because zip compression strips mac resource forks which include icons.

Santaduck

Mar 18, 2005
Yes, our site was down for a bit b/c the network at the provider went down for a few hours, but it's back up.

OK Absolut, let me know. Our senior editor Mac_Jedi will be doing the review, so we'll need to get it to him when you're ready.