M82 Barret

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

jaunty

Apr 30, 2000
Because one of them doesn't exist, and the other is outdated.

Also, you're a retard.

OICW said:
I like the FN MAG a lot, but I'd actually prefer to see it as a tripod mounted emplacement in Inf, and have the PKM in as the player's portable medium machinegun (alongside the Minimi in the LMG role).

I have to say, as much as I love the MAG, I'd probably take a PK too. I base that on the fact that the PK can mount a box for its ammo, but the MAG has a belt flapping around in the breeze and dragging crap up into the receiver with it.

Last edited:

Tiffy

Back to champion the L85
Sep 15, 2001
Visit site
jaunty said:
I have to say, as much as I love the MAG, I'd probably take a PK too. I base that on the fact that the PK can mount a box for its ammo, but the MAG has a belt flapping around in the breeze and dragging crap up into the receiver with it.

When you use a GPMG (FN MAG) you usually fire from a box. There are various ammo containers that can be fitted, most for the heli-mounted role and when used in the ground role your only firing about 50rd belts with a loader to feed. If your firing longer belts then your either cliping together while shooting or your firing from an ammo can alongside the GPMG.

I'd love to see a tripod mount with a C2 sight unit. You'd be able to fire indirect out to about 3 miles. Damned impressive when you see it done and leaves a lasting impression if your on the receiving end ;)

jaunty

Apr 30, 2000
I've only ever seen them feed from a box when they're mounted.

The belt being loose isn't so much of a concern during firing it, more during transport. A little context, perhaps. I live in Australia. We (our military) fight in jungle, scrub and woodland unless we get sent to desert countries that are none of our business. Loose belts and foilage don't mix.

Also, everybody knows the Elcan is the best scope out there :p (Yes, even better than the SUSAT, which I love)

Last edited: