UE3 - UT3 Looking to put together a dedicated team

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

jingato

Jan 24, 2008
Next Gen Games is looking for team of talented and dedicated people to form a team and create some unique mods. We currently have only two people on the team including myself. We are both doing a little bit of everything including modeling and coding, but we'd like to have more people to specific jobs on the project. We're looking for members in all areas, but we could really use a programmer right away.

The current mod we are working on was started as more of a learning experience than anything. I wanted to make a Total Conversion that that different than all the rest while learning the unreal as much as possible. The name of it is "Biggz the Exterminator." it is a 3rd person platform game. You play as Biggz. Your main weapon is your gas gun. It sprays out a green poison gas. Your enemies are big bug like creatures. Each level consist of clearing out the area of all bugs. You do so by spraying them with the gas. Once they are sprayed enough they will flip over and you can then stomp on them to kill them, but if you don't do it quick enough they will get back up and attack you again. The gameplay will also consist of many puzzles that need to be solved to advance through the map. There are other features I'd like to incorporate depending on the size of the team that gets involved like power ups that change the color and power of your bug spray. Items you can use, like an outdoor bug zapper you can drop if your overwhelmed and need a quick escape. Drop the bug zapper and all the bugs in the area will be attracted to it...and get zapped when they touch it.

Here's a couple screen shots of Biggz and his weapon and one of the bugs

biggz1.jpg

biggz2.jpg

gun1.jpg

gun2.jpg

flee1.jpg

flee2.jpg

spray.jpg

this one is a screen shot of the spray from the gun, but not with biggz as the character. I do have Biggz working in the game, but this was from within the editor.

After this mod I would like to continue working with the team. The next mod we plan on making is a FPS with lots of puzzle eliments to it. Very Half Life 2 like. Kind of a mix between the legend of zelda and halo. If you're interested in joining the team, just send me a PM and I'll give you my email address and we can go from there.

-John
Next Gen Games