Limbo of the Lost / Oblivion 1.0001

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I edited that part.

This image is has lots of contents from UT2k4. If you are familiar with The Unreal ED 3.0, you'll also notice the default texture on the very left. It is awaiting a comparison image.

I would grab the obvious proofs, hell, I can ensure you 100% that even the ground texture is from UT2004.
This shot is also using contents from UT2004

http://lotl.wikia.com/wiki/Image:LotlBonus-58.jpg

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I edited that part.

I would grab the obvious proofs, hell, I can ensure you 100% that even the ground texture is from UT2004.
This shot is also using contents from UT2004

http://lotl.wikia.com/wiki/Image:LotlBonus-58.jpg

Actually someow it seems fammiliar, maybe its from some custom level or from one beta ut2003 level, there was one very simmilar to that, it can be one version which explains the default texture as it was unfinished.

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
When you consider the amount of stuff they stole and put together into another game it actually comes out to a decent bit of work...ok not work, but time spent. One would think then that with the amount of work, I mean time, it takes to comb through that many games, finding areas that work for your game, and then copying and modifying them for your game, they wouldn't bother and would instead just make their own stuff.

While it was probably quicker to just screenshot and paste their game together, I would hope that it crossed their minds that what they were doing would get them in trouble and they should instead devote their time to actually creating real content.

Edit:
awesome_limbodevs.jpg
Thanks NeoGAF!

One of the Devs was seen posting in this thread under the name SteveBovis. Whether its actually him, who knows. The guy is acting way to arrogant, and like too much of a prick to think hes in any hot water. He's acting like he did nothing wrong and has very legitimate reasons for taking and using other game content. He's also acting under the delusion that his game is actually good and people are playing it because its good and not because they want to see a first rate failure. He doesn't realize the game is only popular because of its history and how terrible it is. http://forum.gamesradar.com/viewtopic.php?t=120121&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=150

Last edited:

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
One of the Devs was seen posting in this thread under the name SteveBovis. Whether its actually him, who knows. The guy is acting way to arrogant, and like too much of a prick to think hes in any hot water. He's acting like he did nothing wrong and has very legitimate reasons for taking and using other game content. He's also acting under the delusion that his game is actually good and people are playing it because its good and not because they want to see a first rate failure. He doesn't realize the game is only popular because of its history and how terrible it is. http://forum.gamesradar.com/viewtopic.php?t=120121&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=150

You can hardly expect him to admit his game is rubbish. He's got to milk it for all the money is worth and use the publicity. He's gonna need the money from whatever sales he can get for the incoming court fines. :)

steve bovis from that other site said:
Well, some of the screenshots are pretty similar.

But let us look at it this way.....

You must all know the famous Big Ben clock in London.

How many people have taken photographs of their family members or friends standing in front of Big Ben?

Do they credit Charles Barry, the original designer of the strucutre for their photographs? No, of course they don't!

Now you mightm say a photograph is non-commerical use, but what about ITN news who use the image of Big Ben for their commerical news programming? Again, without credit.

All I was really doing was taking photographs of my journeys through virtual worlds - had I ripped out the textures and re-assembled the 3D models that of course would of been another issue.

I really don't want to say too much as my solicitor has advised me for now to be quiet. However, I know some gamers can get over-excitied about things and I thought it worth stating it for what it really is - no more harmless than a tourist taking photographs.
He doesn't keep quiet though. :D

Seriously how can he really think this is good justification. It's worth remembering that when a family takes a holiday snap of Big Ben all they do is claim that they went and saw Big Ben. What he's doing is claiming he built Big Ben using only the photo of it as evidence. Crazyness.

I'm pretty certain it's a fake account though.

Last edited:

Labnetik

Trapped In Unreality
May 10, 2006
England, UK
www.acidtechno.net

Must be fake, if anyone interested goes on to read more of his comments, he does speak with detail as if he's genuine, but his sense of humour and continued claims of his right to fair use and to make money out of what happened (movie/book etc), plus issues surrounding other details/email addresses/official account on another forum and the eventual rubbishing of the games industry and major game studios proves he is a fake and not the real steve bovis - looks like someone else has too much time on their hands and wanted to play a joke on that forum, making steve look even more like an idiot than he already looks.

he does appear to be arrogant and delusional, but I think it's just someone with a creative imagination and sense of humour.

I'm not going to read all 40 something pages or whatever it is but on page 17 everyone is kinda cementing the fact he is a fake... and it kinda falls apart when the fake steve posts this:

My daughter did the website for your information.

She is already in tears and hasn't attended school for the last 2 days since this story became really big.

It's pathetic what you gamers have done to her, however I am guessing my pleas to give it a rest will not be listened to and you will continue to belittle her HTML skills.

lol... this was posted soon after by a forum member.

stevebovis.jpg

Lostsoul

boobs
Jul 3, 2005
pdX, Oregun
Are you sure? I'll check but I don't remember the stairs looking like that.

EDIT: Nope, they definitely don't look like that in the prison. In fact I believe it doesn't come from Oblivion at all, since I don't remember any architecture like that.

If you where to look to the left, I believe you would see a hall lined with cell doors. Go up the stairs and you have the guard area. Also look at the torch.

Of course, I could be wrong, I don't have it installed to really check.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
If you where to look to the left, I believe you would see a hall lined with cell doors. Go up the stairs and you have the guard area. Also look at the torch.

Of course, I could be wrong, I don't have it installed to really check.
I came down from the stairs and looked back up. Here's a screenshot:

EDIT: Downloaded DM-Purisma again just to do those three screenshots (I had lost it since uninstall of UT2004).

This one
to that one. (Nice mirror effect btw)
Twins separated at birth. (Woo, overlapped text and a copy/paste of bricks to prolong the lift shaft down!)
Spot the seven differences. (Yes, there are actually seven things, if you place objects that look the same in the same category)

Last edited: