lighting disappears

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

spatte

Feb 26, 2004
Sweden
Hi there, I have a problem with BSP that won't light up properly. It looks fine when I move the lights or add a new one, but when I rebuild, some BSP surfaces are not lit.

First I tried deleting one of the BSP brushes that were unlit. That partcular brush then became lit, but at the same time a couple of other ones that were properly lit before turned dark.....

Has anybody encountered the same problem? Any suggestions appreciated

cherrs

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
It happens with subtracted brushes sometimes. What I do is:

1) Go into the Build Settings and slide the Minimize Cuts/Balance Tree bar to about 5.

-or-

2) Add another brush flush with the surface that's giving you the problem, like so:

BlackSurfaces.gif

spatte

Feb 26, 2004
Sweden
lighting problems cont.

Thanks for the tip Angel Mapper, it solved some of my issues!

However, lighting problems still remains and I can't get a good nights sleep....

I have problems with darker parts and lines across the floors in the building I'm modeling. I have tried different settings and as you can see from the picture, it's not affecting one single brush.

Greatful for any help in what direction to go with this problem

Cheers

Attachments

• bad_lighting.jpg
    bad_lighting.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 54

StardogChampion

Dec 18, 2003
I'm having this problem too. I made some sheet bsp with double-sided textures on then rebuilt a couple of times - lighting was fine. Then I duplicated some of them then rebuilt - everything went dark apart from the ambient light, including the terrain.

I tried saving the map with as a new version but it still doesn't light, I also tried deleting all the bsp, deleting the zoneinfo and the sunlight actor, but still doesn't work.

Lucky it was just a small test map for trying out a fence texture.

hobojobo

Aug 3, 2005
Same problem.

Yeah, this is happening to me too, except the entire level becomes unlit when I build the lighting. The ambient light still works, but my sunlight acts like it's off until I move it. Could it possibly be a problem with the light itself?