Left 4 Dead

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Well before it was a timer. The fire didn't actually do any damage.

So now, the fire does amage at say, 30 seconds of just the fire will kill you. If you add bullets to that, your death time is much lower than 30 seconds in reality.

Rumor has it, though, that the fire damage was significantly decreased to account for this. Additionally, it's been pretty easy to take a tank down without catching him on fire for a long time now, particularly for a well co-ordinated team, so in the grand scheme it probably just means you'll get lit on fire less and die just as frequently without doing anything useful for your team.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
And added another one in its place. Grab the shotgun and melee after you fire a shot. It fires another shot but doesn't deplete your ammo.
I noticed that. Also, the Tank is even more ruined than before. Very disappointing.

It also seems like hunter pouncing has to be a lot more accurate but meleeing them is nearly impossible.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Hal stuck!

halstuckwitchlolit0.jpg

We gon' rape you Bwitch!

cooloola

A good samaritan
Dec 31, 2005
I noticed that. Also, the Tank is even more ruined than before. Very disappointing.

It also seems like hunter pouncing has to be a lot more accurate but meleeing them is nearly impossible.
The hunter seems kind of fudged now, it's pretty hard to pounce a guy from a shorter distance. On the other hand the smoker is a lot more effective now, also I think they made the boomer explosion radius bigger.

Zimmy

TGMZ
The hunter seems kind of fudged now, it's pretty hard to pounce a guy from a shorter distance. On the other hand the smoker is a lot more effective now, also I think they made the boomer explosion radius bigger.

I've found that at shorter distances as a hunter you just seem to leap through people, at least the larger jumps do more damage now. Speaking of which, can anyone tell me how to do multiple jumps as a hunter, like those guys who go through a map on one continuous leap?

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
just hold down your crouch button and jump on a wall, look away (towards the next wall) and hit the jump button again.

Get in the FragBU l4d server and I'll show you how.

You don't have to do that, you just have to hold crouch till it's full and then you have infinite pounce as long as you stay crouched.

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
Why I don't believe this?

Start a local game, go to console, type:
ss_enable 1
ss_splitmode 1 (or 2 for vert split)
ss_connect

the commands team_desired2 and name2 apply to player 2.

Believe now?! :eek:

Sadly, however, player 2 is mostly limited to secondary joystick inputs, which is glitchy at best.

It's probably there. There's already some splitscreen stuff included with the Source SDK.
Funny thing: Valve patched it out of the Demo because it provided them with feedback they weren't even looking for, but promised it would be usable in retail.

As far as Valve goes, the Splitscreen function is purely provided as-is, unsupported and unhandy. It's really just a leftover from them porting L4D to the 360.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Pl0x sounds like my bummer taking a ppppfftptptptptt.
Oh and hal, no it didn't sucked, it was hilarious!

Last edited:

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Can I be added to the BU steam group, pl0x? my steam id is waelbd.

Can't find anyone by that name.

Pl0x sounds like my bummer taking a ppppfftptptptptt.
Oh and hal, no it didn't sucked, it was hilarious!

I was stuck between the survivors coming around the corner and the witch. All I wanted to do was to go down that side corridor a little ways and then pop out right before they got there. :(

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
There are a ton under Wael...

Can you just link us to your Steam Community page?

Skold

Sexy!
Aug 10, 2000
ggs last night. So, a tank in versus has only a certain amount of time, but if it is alive at the end of that countdown, a teammate becomes a tank?