LCD Display settings

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Truzaank

Apr 5, 2005
As we all know that LCDs don't show 'real' colors, I was wondering what all color settings, etc. you people use on your monitors. You know, to get the best color result or visuals. So please post your settings :) . thanks.

Here's mine:

19" Wide Viewson
Brightness : 100
Contrast : 100
Color temp: 9300K
Satisfied : NO

22" wide Dell
Brightness: 75
Contrast : 60
Color Preset : Graphics>Desktop
Satisfied : Kinda

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
VX2035wm (Viewsonic 20" HDCP 1680x1050 1080p compatible)

Contrast 70
Brightness 100
Color Temp 6500K

Satisfied: Haven't tried anything else, it looks good though (Killzone 2 looks awesome on it)

EDIT: 9300K looks better on the forums, but not anywhere else D:

Last edited:

KenjiE20

Feb 27, 2002
Washington, England
www.longbowslair.co.uk
BenQ G700 17" (native 1280x1024)
DVI connection
Screen Mode; Standard (Out of; vibrant, movie, dynamic, etc)
Brightness 70 - Contrast 50
Colour Temp Normal (Factory Preset; somewhere between red and blue tints)
Have the G700.icm profile loaded into windows.

Satisfied; Definitely
It's nicer (and brighter) than my current dying CRT, with the colour profile on, skin tones are skin coloured, whites are white and blacks are black (with none of that patchy black you sometimes get)

Noobnugget

Jan 10, 2006
LG W1952TQ (19", 1440x900, 2ms)
DVI
Screen mode: Normal (of movie, internet, user and normal.)
Brightness: 56
Contrast: 34
Sharpness: 5
Color mode: 6500k
Satisfied: For the most part. It's miles clearer than my old blurry and ghosty CRT. And I only really notice color flaws of the TN panel in certain situations.

On a side note: I don't know how some of you can leave the brightness at 100%. LCD's are far, far too bright at that. You've got to be slowly burning out your retinas.

-n7-

May 12, 2006
Edmonton, AB
Don't buy crap LCDs & you'll get real colors just fine.

I don't have hardware calibration options for my 30007WFP, but that's not really an issue, as it's close enough to perfect without them.

Truzaank

Apr 5, 2005
I'd post my settings If I had an LCD. Unfortunately I don't have the cash for a good one ATM. The 2208WFP is within in my budget, but 'kinda satisfied' does not make me all that inclined to buy it... :)

:) Well I don't know if you should stay away from 2208WFP, cuz my friends with the same monitor are quite fond of it. I just happen to be a d*ck when it comes to being satisfied :D. And the one I'm using ain't mine, but I'm thinking about buying it cuz it's not bad for all it's features. The USB ports, height adjustment are something I really like. You should check it out for yourself if it's an option.