LAN trouble, about to kill self...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

the baron

Jul 19, 2001
Texas
www.blackdeath.tv
Greetings,

We tried the local host IP, 127.0.0.1 and here is what we got.

Copied from friend's puter:

Pinging 127.0.0.1 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<10ms TTL=128

Ping statistics for 127.0.0.1:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

Pinging self:

Pinging 192.168.0.20 with 32 bytes of data:

Destination host unreachable.

Ping statistics for 192.168.0.20:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

So, whats up? Is this normal?

Oh yeah, and the networking device on this computer is part of the motherboard. Can't switch them out.

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
It seems you can't assign a static IP to that computers network card..
By a new network card and disable the built in one.

the baron

Jul 19, 2001
Texas
www.blackdeath.tv
Oops, its the one that is working that is hardwired. The store bought pci slot Linksys network card is the one that isn't working, that is the one on my friends. Guess we shouldn't buy from Walmart.

DeaJae

taking a month's break
May 7, 2001
England
www.littleportitservices.co.uk
if its one of those PCChips all onboard ones, there should be a jumper assembly to disable the onboard network card. also try to use the same brand of network cards on a network, some brands prefer to use IPX as base, especially the cheap ones.

the baron

Jul 19, 2001
Texas
www.blackdeath.tv
Greetings,

Nah, its the one that isn't built in that is messed up. The built in one is the one that works. For some reason the non-built in one works fine over IPX games, like Half-life, but doesn't work over UT. It can't even ping itself. The built in one can ping itself. The only thing I can think of is to get another card for the computer that is having problems and try it out. If that still doesn't work the I guess we are screwed. It seems odd that the card would just so happen to have a bad TCP connection but a working IPX, but it happens, I guess.

All the PCI slots on my computer, the one with the built in card, are filled so I can't get a network card for this one, and besides it can ping itself which leads us to beleive that it's TCP connection works.

All I want is to play some UT.

:(