Knights: Spiral Island Site Launches

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
It looks great I think (except the ocean water could use some work, but it's ok how it is currently I suppose). The island rocks and terrain, I think, are wonderful. Not the typical "smooth beach" and stuff. It is a welcome look for me, and I'm intrested in this game just from the video. Job well done guys.

BarryCollins

Nov 21, 2010
Jackal: Hey, ya, the water is being worked on a lot, That was done in under a week, The entire environment, So bear with us and things will only get better from here, So long as the kickstarter.com fundraiser is a success!
feedback and appreciation are themselves much appreciated, so thanks!

Gambit84

Oct 17, 2004
Dont take this the wrong way but I dont understand why anyone would donate to your project.

Theres a lot of potential, but people should be INVESTED on a project like this...As you stand to make money and they currently only stand to lose money...

Supporting "the arts" is one thing, but this is not going to be a free release is it? I mean, I'd love love LOVE free money to support every idea I have. However, part of it all is financial risk.

A better idea would be offering up preorders/early builds access. I understand that can be a pain and time consuming during a development process, but if you absolutely need the money, I dont see why not
Just my thoughts.

BarryCollins

Nov 21, 2010
the people who pledge do infact get early access to the game, and the final game in the end.
Spiral Islands, the episode will be a pay release, the intention is to get revenue rolling asap to further expansion of free and pay content.
we have been discussing the likelihood of releasing the Multiplayer DM arena content for free, which is likely going to happen.

Indy900, Thanks, ya, we whipped this up in a week, were working on pulling the proper team together now and working on gameplay as we speak.

-=WolverinE=-

Apr 16, 2006
So what happens if a person donates and you can't get the 10K in time? 50 days isn't much if you ask me...

BarryCollins

Nov 21, 2010
wolverine, Thankyou kindly sir!

RennyManJR: Well, were using UDK, so linux and mac people are going to have to simulate a windows environment to play it, unfortunately.

Bite_Me: Steam is the goal, yes, we need something more playable before we approach them though

StreetPreacher

Mar 10, 2001
That's OK - I LOVE Steam. In fact I'm even more likely to buy it if it's released on their platform as that's pretty much the only way I buy games anymore.

Will check out the site and hopefully kick the team a few duckets. I guess every bit helps...