1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

just wondering..cau u use rune textures in UT?

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by Thug'N'me, Jul 14, 2001.

1. Thug'N'me

Thug'N'me R.I.P. 2pac Aka Makaveli

cauze im going to uninstall rune and leave the textures if u can use 'em in UT so could someone reply if they know,thx :rolleyes:

2. Hourences

Hourences New Member

as long they are in UTX and not bigger then 256*256 yes
    try open them with the editor, if thats works they prolly work, or justr make 1 simple cube in the ediotr, and put some of those textures on it and try it

3. Thug'N'me

no man i know u can use them..BUT can u distribute them with a map???LEGELY?but thx anywayz ;)

4. ZodiaK

ZodiaK irresponsible walrus

i think this has been discussed quite often here lately, maybe not exactly concerning rune textures, but other unreal engine games (wheel of time, deus ex etc.). rune is no different. same copyright issues apply here.

so your best bet is not to use them.

5. Thug'N'me

Hmmm well i used the search engine,which ill bet u did to,about half way through your post,(just to make sure,ide say)that rune HASNT BEEN DISCUSSED HERE so that doesnt mean the would say no mabey someone emailed them..but i guess not since no response...guess ill use a few here and there...cant give 'em credit though...i dont want a law suit now do i?:rolleyes:

6. ZodiaK

ZodiaK irresponsible walrus

what i meant was that although rune textures haven't been discussed of, other similar (unreal engine) games have been, and the same rules apply to these textures.

basically, ALL game material is under copyright, and can not be used legally without a permission that would clearly state that you can use them.

i personally don't mind if you use them, but i'd still suggest you'd find a workaround and use some other textures - make your own, for example.

happy mapping.

7. purice

purice coon dog