JB-Nyx

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

INIQUITOUS

Purple Monkey DishWasher
Mar 26, 2005
U.K
www.ini.hazelwhorley.com
its all aligned, i had some troubles with bsp errors caused by zone portals, but all seems fixed now. only one tunnle leading from a base wont zone off for some reason :S, fps look very good except in the middle bit wher eit goe down for a second or two. gonna test it out seom more then il post it :)

Vatcilli zeitchef

Dead and back
May 16, 2005
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
I played your map with a half-working UT2004 copy
I had as backup and it looks pretty good, the FPS was
ok exept during the execution sequence, For as far as I know
JB-cosmos only has one kicker. How many of them do you have?

INIQUITOUS

Purple Monkey DishWasher
Mar 26, 2005
U.K
www.ini.hazelwhorley.com
JB-Cosmos had 12 kickers per jail. mine has 12 too. but i changed that to 1 per jail, bu tin the tests the bots didnt get kciked off or atleast 2 or 3 were stil there so it needs more still. and also the fps has dropped stil even tho everything is zoned off now :S so im gonna try n work on it somemore

INIQUITOUS

Purple Monkey DishWasher
Mar 26, 2005
U.K
www.ini.hazelwhorley.com
ok ive go tthis version for you ,its called nyx3, the fps are much better i feel :) ive added more kickers to the jails so the bots get kicked off, now each jail has 3. ive changed the "alcoves" where you could see form the linkgun into the bio rifle room. you can nolonger see through and ive made a nice little feature there instead :D let me know if you think its ready to be releases :)

http://www.evolved-systems.net/files/INIQUITOUS/JB-Nyx3.zip

Vatcilli zeitchef

Dead and back
May 16, 2005
Framerates really went up a great bit,
think it's ready for launch.
The only things I saw was some statics being 5 uu or what away from the wall
Can't judge on the textures anymore if you changed them becouse all textures in whatever map are the basic texture since the crash.

As I said it should be ready unless you are so nitpicky you want to align that mesh for the final 5 UU

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
Now it does run smooth... A great FPS improvement here, too. Good work! :tup: The frames in the execution stay about 15-20 now...
There are still 2 things you can do to finish the optimization work, though (if you don't like things being rendered in wrong zones):
- Keep the outside wievs in different zones (add zoneportals in the windows is what I mean... ;))
- For some meshes that are partially sticked to walls (leaves, waterfalls) you can use the Display -> ForcedVisibilityZoneTag option and they will be rendered only in their right zones... AngelMapper explained it better in her tutorial: http://angelmapper.com/tutorials/optimization1.htm
It wouldn't be really necessary in this map anyway, since your framerates are not in the limit, but... :rolleyes:

Overall, the map is nearly finished... If you don't want to work more on visuals, it can be released whenever you want... :)

Last edited:

INIQUITOUS

Purple Monkey DishWasher
Mar 26, 2005
U.K
www.ini.hazelwhorley.com
which mesh! tel me now argh pfft !!! rofl.. yeah tell me mmigh taswel. as i got a new version :p

ive been trying to optimize it more and ive made even more zones and,forced zone visability and even taken the collision off some meshes in the middle and put blocking volumes around instead :) ahve new version later today :) (after ri find out whihc mesh it is ) lol

Vatcilli zeitchef

Dead and back
May 16, 2005
It really is nothing.... you sure are nitpicky
well Acyd send me an ISO of her cd 1 (The others still worked)
So I could install my UT2004 again.

I took a screenshot
(may be low quality did not have a chance to change the settins yet)
But It is not worth changing

Here it is but it can even be you intended to do this.

Attachments

• Shot00041.jpg
    Shot00041.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
- Check the bot pathing/assaultpathing because I felt in the latest betas that the bots like much more the upper floor (shockrifle) than the flak floor... [The shock floor is usually in action, whereas you can run safe through the flak level... it's my favourite way to attack the base! :p]
- My framerates go down a bit when I get into the jumpad emitters, can you lower the detail/number of particles a bit? :rolleyes:
I think it's ready... I've just played it and I have not seen any bug...
Good work! Now let's see how Nautilus grows up! :tup:

INIQUITOUS

Purple Monkey DishWasher
Mar 26, 2005
U.K
www.ini.hazelwhorley.com
-checked pathing, all good. i noticed that too tho but also,sometimes they all go the flakway instead of shock. and if its just one bot left, it almost always gos the flak way..anyway it all works fine.alot of the time they go the flak way and come up the jumppads and so it seems they never went down there...
-ok ive reduced the particles (even more btw)

Edit: crap...just testing it now with hazel and weve found a few mesh problems, and also you can see part of the jails and arena through the skybox!! :( so il fix that and upload final later i hope.

Last edited:

INIQUITOUS

Purple Monkey DishWasher
Mar 26, 2005
U.K
www.ini.hazelwhorley.com
lol yeah lots of crap there.. you should see my folder! and Hazels too , shes always help me test each beta and she just said "guess its ok to delete all those alphas and betas etc..." lol

the one on nalicity is the correct one. wel anyother before it and you will know because of the framerates lol