JB-ItCameFromOuterSpace

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RevBillyG

Taking over the world.
Nov 10, 1999
Well this took way too long. 2½ hours just to model and set up the releases. Damned teleporters. Why didn't I just trigger them to start with?:rolleyes:

Anways. Done and dusted :)

RevBillyG

Taking over the world.
Nov 10, 1999
Beta1 is so close I can almost taste it :)

To do:
Set up the executions (could be a big job!)
Set up panorama map

When they've been done beta1 will be out. I need help optimising though (Gen?) not sure how to go about it. My fps drops to about 70 in places (1280x1024 all settings @ max 9 bots) which means those with slower systems are gonna get way under half of that :hmm:

So, I'll need to either mess with detail settings (bah) or increase the fogging (which I don't really want to do)

Still, we'll see :)

Trueblood

Silly Brit
Jan 19, 2003
Brighton, UK
www.yourass.com
RevBillyG said:
(12mb sorry!)

12mb? something wrong already
gg9ao.gif

Isolocis

Apr 6, 2006
Great map by the way. I believe it is well made, even as a beta.

Just some notes:
1. You can just hold secondary fire while you are in a Manta, then fly right in and out of the ship quickly to touch the release switch without getting hit.
2. I noticed that there is two special weapon spawns in the middle. How come nothing appeared from those two spawns?

RevBillyG

Taking over the world.
Nov 10, 1999
Thanks for taking a look :)

I might have to take a look at those releases. The bots tend to have a problem with them too as they hover over the switch in a Manta.

The weapon spawns on the middle? Hmm, well all I can think of is the Avrils or maybe you mean the redeemers at the top of the cliffs? Could you be more specific?

CoolDude

Feb 22, 2003
Netherlands
Visit site
RevBillyG said:
I might have to take a look at those releases. The bots tend to have a problem with them too as they hover over the switch in a Manta.
At the switch properties, at GameObjective->VehiclePathName, try to fill in the objectname of the closest RoadPathNode (eg. RoadPathNode67).
Now bots will leave their vehicle at this RoadPathNode to hit the switch.

Isolocis

Apr 6, 2006
maybe you mean the redeemers at the top of the cliffs? Could you be more specific?
Yes, it is those two Redeemer spawns. Or maybe the spawns reset when I suicided to see the execution.

Isolocis

Apr 6, 2006
Nevermind about the Redeemer spawns. I tested it again today and found out that they actually spawned.

And it's neat that each team has a different jail area and execution.

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
Played it quickly already. I've got both small things to report and huge stuff ideas, but no time to play again, take the pics etc etc... I'm giving the final test to a mappack atm and also have some exams next two weeks... :rolleyes: But I'll be back with the feedback after that. :D

It's coming along nicely. :tup:

ZedMaestro

Useless
May 18, 2003
Dorset, England
Visit site
Jail terrain is particularly sharp, and in the blue jail you can actually get stuck in a hole.

Are you sure you want the JBExecutionBurning actor in, given the mysterious crash that it can sometimes cause?

Just two observations :)