1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JB Gametype does not show up - WIN7

Discussion in 'Jailbreak Support' started by Ignotium, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Ignotium

Ignotium Que hora es?

So, after a clean new install, I dled jb again and followed the directions given by the readme, installed all the files, and nothing, I can't select the JG gametype, hence I can't play it. Funny thing is, that I can play it online, so that proves that it is properly installed, I guess an ini is missing some input to display the JB gt.

Any ideas on a workaround?

thanks in advance

2. Bi()ha2arD

Bi()ha2arD Toxic!

To play it offline you need some inis in your /mydocs/mygames/ut3/utgame/config

You probably forgot to copy those.

3. G.Lecter

G.Lecter Registered Tester

Last edited: Dec 13, 2009
  4. Ignotium

Ignotium Que hora es?

So, that was it... kinda

Thing is that the ini wasn't in a folder (which should be created to avoid future problems such as this one) and there were no instruction to copy such file in the main instructions doc either, so that's why I just couldn't make it work.

It seems to be working now though ;) Thanks both

5. DannyMeister

DannyMeister UT3 Jailbreak Coder

The ini's don't HAVE to be in the config folder. UT3 can pick them up from anywhere. Unfortunately, localized strings in ini's don't seem to work very well with non-standard locations. It is disappointing that UT3 has a loose structure that would allow for your entire mod to be in one folder instead of scattered amongst other mods, yet has little bugs like this which still make it not practical.

6. pantherAT

pantherAT New Member

I have a similar problem on Win 7.
    When I choose Jailbreak it looks like this...

[​IMG]

and then I find many different servers but no JB server...

[​IMG]

7. G.Lecter

This fixes the Server Browser looking for CTF maps instead of Jailbreak ones:
    The filters tab may still be glitchy, but there's an update of the mod being released soon... ;)

8. pantherAT

pantherAT New Member

There are no Jailbreak.ini only a UTJailbreak.ini but without a gamesearchclass line.

9. G.Lecter

;)

10. pantherAT

pantherAT New Member

ahm ok