JB-Apophis

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
Yep, glad you see you are finally back, too... :)
I have already explained all my points here and in my PM and I still keep a lot of them. I insist on moving the hitscan weapons (Shock, Mini) to non-hitscan dominant areas...

A few more things:
- There are too many antiportals, I think most of them are useless and they are just affecting to performance rather than optimizing anything. Have a look to them and remove the ones you think they are the most useless, those small ones inside the pillars must be removed for sure...
- LowerRampLeft camera is at FullScreen... ;)
- The PowerNode bases in the jails are shown over the laser textures if you go near them. Maybe INIQUITOUS can help you out with this [INI where are you! :(]
- The teleporters from/to the lowest area are not linked correctly, check them out and you'll know what I mean... :D
- The aiming of the PlayerStarts and Teleporters can affect the flow of the map more than one thinks... :rolleyes: Make sure they are aiming to positions where you wouldn't get confused after spawning/teleporting... ;)
- The bots did not work in this beta until I went to the editor and rebuilt the paths. Although it works, pathing on movers might be buggy. You should cover the floor mover in the jails with a brush and rebuild the paths. Then remove the brush and rebuild geometry and lighting, but NOT the paths...
By the way, use PathTag names in the AssaultPaths to avoid the bots doing strange things. For instance, you can't switch from the Bio hallway to the Shock walkway, that's why you need PathTags... [Blitz's tutorial linky]

Last edited:

Hazel.H

Jan 15, 2004
Got around to testing the map finally:

- The loading screen could do with a different screenshot, how about one like the screenshot of the central area in the level preview?
- You can translocate (and possibly jump?) behind the statue in the base onto a small ledge and hide there.
- Botpaths don't work (as G.Lecter mentioned)
- You can jump out of jail as the floor moves down, and land outside without getting killed
- I got stuck behind one of the pillars in the corner at the top of the tower
- There are errors on the glass statues at the central upper area
- The fires in the central area don't take away any health, the torches on the rest of the map do
- There is only one place to get weapons in the arena and it's hard to find. Most of the time players end up fighting with assault rifles.
- INI says change the ZWrite property of the texture if you get meshes showing through it. And he is quite busy learning to code atm :lol:

INIQUITOUS

Purple Monkey DishWasher
Mar 26, 2005
U.K
www.ini.hazelwhorley.com
ok im very busy what with moving house to a different country, hope thi smap is coming on nicley, havnt been around here for ages. noticed you wanted me to look at a texture problem, just downloaded the map and will see what needs to be done. i said ZWrite but thinking about it , it might be the output blending....ill let you know. if you have any probs feel free to email me if im not around that much and i will not mind helping you out :) just PM me and i will give you my email addy. (applies to G.Lec as Acyd,Vat and ofcorse Hazel already have my email)

edit, yeah im working on a monster pack and a few mutators at the mo, that are taking up my time, but they should be done soon,or atleast 2 of them :D

INIQUITOUS

Purple Monkey DishWasher
Mar 26, 2005
U.K
www.ini.hazelwhorley.com
ok just looked at the map (havnt played it yet but i must say it looks amazing!) looks very sexy i think.

anyway i thought the problem with the powernode showing through was a texture issue but its not, its the mesh itself. to fix it right click the ONSTeleportPad>properties>display>bDisableSorting=True

to clarify.

-if meshes show through textures, then bDisableSorting=True should fix it

-if emitters wont show up through textures. then go into the texture properties (seems to only happen with finalblends ) and do Zwrite=False
Note: (you must create a new finalblend in the mylevel for this (duplicate texture, or its properties will reset to the default Zwrite)

-is other texture problems, try and change the OutPutBlending in the texture options. for all other problems ask me! :D and ill try and help

Vatcilli zeitchef

Dead and back
May 16, 2005
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
I hope you fix the portal bugs Acyd....
Ok while I was walking through the map I found some small bugs
I told about the texture bug allready but this one needs a pic

I can STAND in this ledge and there is a blocking volume preventing me to fall down, sit there wait and either win by the time limit or have poor suckers jump down to get you and find out there is a blocking volume in the way :lol: