1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JB-Apophis

Discussion in 'Jailbreak Maps and Add-Ons' started by AcydBurn, Sep 27, 2005.

1. INIQUITOUS

INIQUITOUS Purple Monkey DishWasher

already have hehe. ill test it more throughly tho for you. you can get under the terrain and if i remember correctly there is holes in the terrian anyway..but it has a kill volume underneath so if u get under u die. however i dont think this apllie to this map but...even if it has a killvolume below. some maps such as Antalus have tiny little bsp platforms underneath for whatever reason and u can trans under the map and onto them where u are safe from any volumes etc..il hav another look for u ;)

2. Aersik

Aersik Turbo charged pogo stick

To be fair you're not supposed to be able to select the xloc in jail (though the exploit is fairly simple), so I wouldn't be surprised if people don't test for that. It is a pain when people exploit it though.

3. INIQUITOUS

yeah, thats why every jail should have a limitation volume around it to stop the trans. even if you sucide you wont get the trans.

one thing that is funny thanks to the trans, is you can telefrag the monsters b4 ur executed hehe, i do it on gauntlet classic all the time hehe and so does hazel. ive seen her! lol

Last edited: Oct 13, 2005
  4. 4WD

4WD globle

playing jailbreak with the translocator is pointless, even worse with instagib. only gamemode where the transloc is useful is normal weapons ctf. my 2 cents.

5. INIQUITOUS

i love jailbreak woth ista nad with trans, i actually hate it otherwise but thats my own opionion and never thelesss when deisgning a map, its only rigjt to keep other game modes in mind///otherwise i wouldnt of addded normal weapons and worried so much about them if i didnt care ! :)

6. Vatcilli zeitchef

Vatcilli zeitchef Dead and back

You hate Jailbreak?!
    Ban?:lol:
    Anyway what's the progress on this?

7. Aersik

Aersik Turbo charged pogo stick

Is that with the XxxX xloc? I've never got that one to work offline with the normal xloc, though I do have another way :D

8. AcydBurn

AcydBurn New Member

The limitation volumns are in place. I believe the best you can do with transloc is crash and burn! Let me know if it turns out otherwise.

9. AcydBurn

AcydBurn New Member

Since Vatcilli is not home until Sunday, I will ask him to post the new update then.

10. INIQUITOUS

ok me and hazel have been testing the beta_1_2 you emailed me and we found these. i think hazel might have some screenys of her own aswel :p. theres no sound on the jail doors or especailly on the jail floor when it drops. the loadingscreen is poor IMO and the level preview screenshot showing the centre area with the pillars would be really cool as the loadingscreen instead :) . i got an error in the log about a shockball. in a previous beta they were the jumppads on the roof somewhere. i noticed in this version they were invisible. but the jumppad was stil there.. ok here we go *takes deep breath for next 16 screenshots*

[​IMG]

the meshes in these tunnels are not aligned and stick through, line them up with the ones on the outside. i think they might have been pushed inside because of the curved roof on the inside.if thats the case then just make them wider :)

[​IMG]

you can hide on these all around the map, even without the trans. Hazel suggested putting a steep angled blocking volume on them so you cant stand on them.instead it would make you slide off. like a ramp or slope shape :)

[​IMG]

black ceiling :(

[​IMG]

the panorama is really nasty! is this the finished pano? you should make the alpha channel and make sure the skybox isnt visible or anything except the map! and its also misaligned and needs redoing anyway. :(

[​IMG]

see the alcove with the flame? if you hide there you dont get dropped into the volume and the ion cannon doesnt fire.needs a blocking volume around it ;)

[​IMG]

this flame should be blue am i right? lol. and also the lighting here is very blue..ow my eyes

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

those two pictures. the first one shows a really nice trim texture. and the second shows how it gets uglier and uglier ...can you make them all nice? :)

[​IMG]

did you think we wouldnt see? rofl!i know its way under the map and ur dead anyway after you fall off but it ruins the illusion and whole effect..just make a little subtraced cube somewhere in the ed and put the loadingscreen there instead.and put the brick texture back where it should be :)

[​IMG]

hazel likes to fly lol. shes on a blocking volume there...its near the top and slants all the way to the tower so you dont even need the trans! its only on one side tho..

[​IMG]

hey who broke this camera? its all wonky lol

[​IMG]

the mesh here isnt lit like the bsp around it. its also a unit or so too high. it needs lining up with the brush then maybe the bluelight wont look so bad. it just stops at the mesh so far.. or mayb add a tiny blue light on the bsp to blend it in..?

[​IMG]

the eye is sticking into the ground! Ra would be displeased with you!! can you resize it (drawscale) or move it higher a bit?

[​IMG]

if you shield jump,have quadjump or suicide and get the trans you can get up here and it counts you as not being in jail!! you can also shoot the enemy from jail up here! you can also get up onto the "dog" statues head and hide there.it also counts you as being out of jail up there too...(the screenshot shows 1 person in jail on my team. its not me , its actually a bot walking around in the jail just out of view)

[​IMG]

just the glass in the arena not lined up , making those horrible corners.. should be simple to line them up :)

[​IMG]

no collision on these meshes in the arena. oops!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2005
  11. Hazel.H

Hazel.H Member

Some more things, mainly visual...

ap1.jpg
    I don't think the texture on this wall looks right. This one seems ok for trims and decoration but not for main wall areas. You could try another egyptian brick texture or one of these: BarrensArchitecture.Ceilings.cel02BA, BarrensArchitecture.Decorations.wal04BA, BarrensArchitecture.Walls.Wal02BA << last one is my favourite ;)

ap2.jpg
    The the radius of this light looks far too large and the wrong color.
    This might look better :)
    Brightness:128
    Hue: 150
    Saturation: 64
    Radius: 16
    - just use the same with hue:5 on the red side

ap3.jpg
    This screenshot on the level preview looks nice, might look better on the loading screen :)

ap4.jpg
    Jump pads come through the wall here, so you get catapulted across the jail if you run up to the wall :lol:

ap5.jpg
    Looks like the texture on one of the meshes in the skybox is causing this. No big deal tho ;)

INI you had to post the screenshot of when I fell off the edge didn't you :mad: :p
    btw where I'm standing in mid-air there's no blocking volume. It has to be the messed up collisions of a nearby mesh, possibly the eye meshes on the roof.

12. INIQUITOUS

-the limitation volumes do work with xxxx trans btw

-i agree with the texture suggestions alot

-the're the blue lights that hurt my eyes!

-thats the screenshot i was talking about! lol

-and hazels right, there is no blocking volume where she was floating.. maybe try taking the collision off those eyes (if it is them causing it) if you cant fix it anyother way.

-Priceless. i couldnt resist. mwahaha

Last edited: Oct 16, 2005
  13. Vatcilli zeitchef

About the loading screen and panorama,
    Acyd kinda dislikes making those so I'll just do that for her if she wants
    :), The eyes should have no collision at all after all they are in the wall and you would not be able to stand on them for real anyway.
    I guess the problem is the BSP though the origional author overused it where He/She could have used meshes. I find it strange there were no instant death spots though.

And pretty please may I join next bug hunt? :D
    Multiplayer bug hunt works much better than with only bots.

Strange you did not notice the huge collision of one of the flames painzones.

__Edit__
    The trim has the same texture everywhere, only it's not rotated well in some spots

Last edited: Oct 17, 2005
  14. AcydBurn

AcydBurn New Member

Thank you INI and Hazel for a thorough job of problem hunting. Most of the stuff you hit are problems with the original map. I am going to try to correct these problems if I can. It will be a really nice JB map if I can work out all the PIA problems and glitches. Trying to get a screenshot for the panorama is next to impossible for me with that skybox. Well, back to the drawing board.

15. Vatcilli zeitchef

Let me do it then, I know you don't like it *sighs*
    Why aren't you on MSN BTW?

16. INIQUITOUS

remember you dont need the jails and arena in the panorama ;) the screenshot you have now works fine , its just you can see the entire map,including skybox and a black box at the top and its misaligned. what you need to do, whihc sounds very boring but i quite enjoy this part..is .. get it in photoshop or whatever and get 1 pixel brush or something quite small and just make a border all around the bts you actaully want to see.and then eraze the rest.

anyways about that collision.. it might be those cylindric subtractions in the roof.. and you do actaully touch the eyes Vat, if you ever get up there you wil know why hehe :p

p.s is "cylindric" a word? :D

17. AcydBurn

AcydBurn New Member

With all the problems you and Hazel found I decided to scrap this version and go back to the original CTF map. I am working through all the original texturing and brush problems now. You were absolutely correct about that cylinder brush in the top pyramid. The original author did not clip it. I clipped it and I believe that will solve the problem of being "suspended in space". :) All of the texturing faux pauxs and original texture conflicts :rolleyes: I am correcting now. This map is predominantly brushes with meshes used almost exclusively as deco. To preclude the problems I encountered with the first attempt at conversion, I locked all the brushes in place so that there are no accidental moves that cause misalignments (which are seriously hard to correct):( . I have put blocking volumes on all the "terraces" that you can xloc to so that those hiding places are eliminated. I am recreating the jails as the other jail layout is somewhat hard to work with due to the angles involved. Will keep you posted on my progress. I think if I can get you guys to test it as I progress, I may just get this map done! Thanks again for your help! ;)

18. INIQUITOUS

awww . good luck! i will test it anytime ;)

19. AcydBurn

AcydBurn New Member

Needless to say, this has been the map from Hellen Back! Decided to scrap it and create a new map based on the Apophis design. It is coming along nicely so far. Should be able to post some screenies as soon as I complete a few more areas! Trying to convince Hazel to create a galaxy class skybox for me ;-) and INI is so helpful as a beta coach. Thanks guys! You're the greatest.

20. AcydBurn

AcydBurn New Member

OK. Did some digging and found the original BR-Apophis and with some helpful hints and strategies from Hazel it is finally working right. Will be ready for beta testing and tweaking in a day or so. Any volunteers for beta testing?