Jailbreak 2004 Bonus Pack: Classic Maps

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mychaeel

"Gold" has a certain tradition -- the last version of Jailbreak III was called "Gold," and so the only two previously released maps which were bundled with it (the others were all new) were updated and got the "-Gold" suffix.

We did the same when preparing Jailbreak 2004 for UT2004 ECE when it was still not clear how UT2004 ECE would actually be called -- "UT2004 Gold" was indeed a working title for a while. We could just as well have called them "-ECE" instead -- might have been neater in retrospect, but then again, names are but sound and smoke... ;)

ZedMaestro

Useless
May 18, 2003
Dorset, England
Visit site
I've asked alkazex, the mapper of the unreleased CTF-Gauntlet-Classic (due for release with Flag Pack 2... which could be months away ;)) if I could release JB-Gauntlet-Classic. Him and the team have agreed, so as a way of apologising for 2 replaced maps, ;) the update pack will contain JB-Gauntlet-Classic hopefully :D

TheSpoonDog

CBP3! Yarrr!
Jun 1, 2001
NZ
spoondog.beyondunreal.com
I've asked alkazex, the mapper of the unreleased CTF-Gauntlet-Classic (due for release with Flag Pack 2... which could be months away ) if I could release JB-Gauntlet-Classic. Him and the team have agreed, so as a way of apologising for 2 replaced maps, the update pack will contain JB-Gauntlet-Classic hopefully

If you don't mind having a non-Zed map in there, perhaps JB-LavaGiant-Classic could go in there aswell ;)

ZedMaestro

Useless
May 18, 2003
Dorset, England
Visit site
Well, time for a little announcement then:

I got a PM from a representative of PC Gamer UK, and they want the Classic Map Pack on their coverdisk! Of course, I agreed. I informed them that the pack is going to be updated, and they told me that they need the pack ready sometime this week... and I wouldnt want to be later than wednesday.

So, if you can get LavaGiant-Classic completed and tested by then, it can quite happily go in :)

ZedMaestro

Useless
May 18, 2003
Dorset, England
Visit site
Thanks to all those who fell through the terrain in Grudge. To fix that, I would have had to redo the entire terrain since that was the maximum size of the terrain.

I wasnt that fond of that area, so I redesigned it with the BSP theme of the main areas of the map. I rather it actually.

So, JB-Grudge-v2 will be released with the update pack too :rolleyes:

ZedMaestro

Useless
May 18, 2003
Dorset, England
Visit site
I noticed that too, and I noticed a pattern too... it appears to alternate between a successful double jump and a failed jump. I moved the JumpSpot actors away from the edge a bit more (so that the increased distance should force bots to double jump) but the pattern above still seems to happen.

I'll fiddle a bit more, but if I cant improve it, the JB-Grudge-v2 I sent you CD will have to be the final version.

ZedMaestro

Useless
May 18, 2003
Dorset, England
Visit site
JB-Gauntlet-Classic
A conversion of the unreleased CTF-Gauntlet-Classic by alazex (due for release in Flag Pack 2 sometime). This conversion is true to the original; same jail positions, exit routes, arena, etc, although the jail escape door is now triggered by a JBTriggerTimed rather than a human ladder (it was too high for a human ladder anyway). Its a very good remake, and comes complete with a remixed track of the original music. While it may seem advantageous to be on the blue team, the map is actually quite well balanced.
Jail:
Gauntlet-Classic Jail.jpg

Arena:
Gauntlet-Classic Arena.jpg

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
Thanks for your hard work, ZedMaestro. I played only Arboria & became one of my favourites. I hope the other ones are as good as this one ;).
Hehe... :lol:, with this pack we have more JB maps than DOMs :D :D

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
I've posted PJB news.
I have the password for BU hosted site news.... but not the URL :( -- and my network won't let me on to IRC to ask at #bu
can someone either post something to that or tell me what it is please?