Ive got a cool one!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mandinga

Mr. Goomba
Apr 6, 2004
Miami Florida USA
Hi guys My names Miguel, Nice to meet you all :D

To Put it simply I have a Great vehicle that needs to be Put into ut2004. Can anyone help me out here. Ive got the textures and all done in maya personal learning edition and 3ds max. Which ever you prefer.

If you fancy a look check it out here;

Shot one
Shot two

you might have to copy and paste the url, the host is sometimes stupid.

Thanks for looking guys.

Mandinga

Mr. Goomba
Apr 6, 2004
Miami Florida USA
Parser said:
Oh, wow, cool. :)

So that model is textured and ready for exporting and stuff? I can whip up some code for you if you want and get it in-game.

(Btw, geocities account megamanrebirth.. if that is Megamaninferno, hey :) )

Sorry for the crappy account, But yes by all means all it needs is exporting, can you help out, were do I send the model?

Last edited:

Mandinga

Mr. Goomba
Apr 6, 2004
Miami Florida USA
Parser said:
Ack, I don't have Maya, so I don't know what to do with the files. Can you not export it as a skeletal mesh from Maya?

What are you using? can you export it? I don't know how to export it from maya personal learning edition, well it exports but I can't see anything in unrealed, do you want it in 3ds max format, or know someone who has maya. I believe maya personal learning edition comes with ut2004 and ut2003. It's in the extras folder on a the last cd (cd6 for 2004 and cd3 for 2003). Please let em know so I can try to work it out.

Last edited:

Mandinga

Mr. Goomba
Apr 6, 2004
Miami Florida USA
Parser said:
3ds format would be cool, I can work with that. :)
I hate Maya with a passion though, I don't tend to keep it installed.
Anyway, I'm off to bed now - I need my sleep, despite the workrate we keep up around here. :p

Please let me know if you need anything else, and please let me know your AIM screen name or your e-mail so we can dicuss this faster.

Thanks so much parser You ROCK!

Last edited:

Mandinga

Mr. Goomba
Apr 6, 2004
Miami Florida USA
Parser said:
Damn. There are a lot of CRC errors in that zip (I saved the link to disk then renamed to .zip) which meant I couldn't open it.

Tell you what, ditch Geo****ties and shoot it off to asup61@dsl.pipex.com
I'll pick it up fairly quickly from there :)
ok Parser I've sent the files you need. Please look at theread me for some instructions with the skins, It'll save you a hastle.

Thanks a bunch man Your awesome.

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
fraghouse.beyondunreal.com
It seems there are still some images missing, but this is the best I've been able to come up with (I had to assign the materials to the model):

modelskinned.jpg

Now.. getting it into ut2004 - the hard part.. I'll let you know if I come up with anything later on. :)

Mandinga

Mr. Goomba
Apr 6, 2004
Miami Florida USA
Parser said:
It seems there are still some images missing, but this is the best I've been able to come up with (I had to assign the materials to the model):

modelskinned.jpg

Now.. getting it into ut2004 - the hard part.. I'll let you know if I come up with anything later on. :)

your using milkshape. I have a file fully skined the correct way in milk shape. would you like that instead. The center piece has multiple skins not just one, you have to do a select by face. I'll get the file in Milkshape.