[Issue] MW2 keeps on crashing my PC

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Hi,

Recently I've been having what I thought could possibly be "overheating" issues. It did occur to me on other games, where my PC literally crashed (frame standing still with music/ambient sounds continuing).

But recently with MW2 it's getting completely out of hand. At such rate, I'd say that if i get more than 1 hour of gameplay without crashing, I'm VERY lucky.

I just installed the latest nVidia drivers, and bought a new fan for my casing. In MW2, the game runs steady 60 FPS overall - it's not like I'd abuse my system. I also figured it might be a problem with the game itself, but personally I haven't heard about people's computer crashing whilst playing MW2.

barballs

Packed with Unreal goodness
May 3, 2003
Arizona
www.redbrick.dcu.ie
I've had MW 1 crash on me. and more recently borderlands. However I've had none, so far with MW2. did you install any other hardware just before you got the overheating? I ask beacuse you could have the hardware too close to the graphics card which would cause that problem. Thats about all I can think of at the moment

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I haven't changed anything. MW1 did run fine before, I'm sure it would probably still do so. Also, the game doesn't crash back to Desktop, the entire computer is gone, definitively until I reset.

mR.JinX

Dec 4, 2009
Hi, I am having the EXACT same problem with my MW2. It mostly happens in online play but did occur a few times in single player missions. I have spent a fair sum of money having my computer checked for hardware issues, nothing wrong there. I play 4-5 rounds online and my screen freezes in some weird pixelated horror, there comes no audio from the game when this happens. I am fairly sure that I have all the latest drivers installed. A friend of mine has the exact same computer and we have cross checked our drivers. This does not happen on his computer.

If anyone has any ideas what the problem might be, please let me know coz this is driving me insane.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Try changing the audio drivers from in-game. So far it seem to have stopped/reducing the crashing for me.

Also, whenever I use the Predator missile the GPU is eating a lot. Lots of audio/visual stuttering.