is it like ...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rooster128

L337 Reincarnated Wool Sock +5
Jul 1, 2004
Good, slobo.

Well, personally I feel like I'm not getting enough information about what is actually going on, and when I can expect things to happen. It gets kind of stressful, since it is the job of mappers to bring all the elements of the mod into an actual environment. Also it is known that mappers work hand-in-hand with artists of the teams to get textures ready. It's a common procedure.

In my case I felt like I wasn't being filled in with all the info more than once, and I didn't really feel like I had any support, although I will praise the models I have gotten from Acu.

Maybe the reason I felt so shut out is because you didn't want me in on the "team stuff". But I wish I was told that if that is true.

I was under the anticipation I was in the team. I'd get on every other morning and people would ask me 'So, how's you doin? How's your level coming along?'

Oh... and about the "having everything together"... Well, last time I knew, the different alien jugg was still being UV mapped. We have less than a month to get everything ready, and a lot still has to be done. Heck I haven't even gotten the info of how to setup the waves yet.

The aliens won't even have weapons in MSU. Just shooting things out of their hands. How much of an improvement is that from the UT invasion, when we only have 2 different models for the aliens?

I probably sound like an ass. An uneducated ass. Whoopee. I won't deny it. But no offense, I'm just trying to be as hard as I can. Sometimes what is most beneficial to you is realizing the things you don't want to hear. So...

Rooster128

Jul 1, 2004
im not arguing. as i said 'no offense'

jackal, in this case, intervening here will only hurt, not help. keep this thread open. i really need some things cleared up, and i need people's reactions. it is much easier to do this on the forums than mirc.

DA|aBsOlUt

DA GOD
Oct 24, 2001
www.planetunreal.com
Rooster,

To clear the stuff up for you. You were never officially on the DA2 team. You didnt have access to any private stuff neither the DA2 code. You were only trying out to join as a mapper which was the reason you got asked how was your map going and whats the status of it.

Personally, I dont like when you come in here and speak as you were in the team saying that we havent done anything and we dont talk etc etc. There are many others things you dont know regarding our teams communication such as private forums, icq, msn etc.

As for DA2, it will definitely wont be anything we wanted, but we will use MSU to "stand-up" and expand from there.

More info about our status soon.

Rooster128

Jul 1, 2004
Alright, good. I just wish I was told sooner.

Now I don't know what to think anymore.

dataangel

Apr 11, 2004
In any case, Frag-Ops is working on a new gametype called War that is very different from the Mission gametype -- it uses vehicles and placeable buildings and players spawn in waves during a round.

DA I think stands a chance by playing off its epic feel. None of the other top mods RO, Alienswarm, Fragops, have that. Personally I'd like to see ships from the planet bombardment effect that get shot down eventually fall down onto the map with lots of pyrotechnics to add to the chaos and squish a few aliens =)

Rooster128

Jul 1, 2004
The only 2 alien thing really get to me though... I dunno... Is there a reason behind limiting it to two aliens only?

Rooster128

Jul 1, 2004
I just watched the two DA trailers. Holy crap. My mapping really sucks compared to those wonderful maps. Kudos to FluX for making such wonderful maps... I think a lot of them should be remade and optimized for DA2, but that's my opinion.

I hope DA2 has the same power DA has. Seriously, looks good. I guess I'll just be working behind the scenes trying to improve my mapping technique. Maybe later I'll try my luck again.

slobo04

DA2 Dev. Team - - Mapper - -
Feb 12, 2002
California
I don't see the point of any of this discussion in a public forum. There is a lot that is not shown to everyone. It is simple. I have seen this "problem" over the three years ive been a part of the DA team. Either being from "fans" or newcomer artists, there has always been an attitude from many who have popped there little head in that they want to run the show. Oh god, if only you knew what kind of crap weve gone through over the years with different people. I could list names but I believe there is a character limit on the forum posts. My point is, DA, although for the fans, is made by the DA team. Again, this concept, however simple it may be, seems to have been lost on quite a few individuals.

Last edited:

Rooster128

Jul 1, 2004
Well the ending near your post sounded good. But to the first part: read the whole thread before you start to post, genious. If you did you'd know that I was not sure if I was on the team or not, and then it was cleared up for me.

God, I really don't need this right now.