Is Domination mode bugged?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

IntelliMoo

Nov 13, 2009
:( Whenever I play a Domination game for very long, I get the following UT3.exe crash (same every time):

Faulting application name: UT3.exe
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll
Exception code: 0xe06d7363
Fault offset: 0x0000b727

Win 7 x64

IntelliMoo

Nov 13, 2009
Well I found the bug and solution. Domination mode does not like number of combatants set to max 32. lol 24 seems to work OK, went a full half hour game where I cannot with 32.

IntelliMoo

Nov 13, 2009
Wow, thanks for the repsonse!

I'll set the number of combatants to 32 again so it crashes and post the launch.log file then.

The crash usually happens within 10 minutes of playing Domination when set to 32.
24 worked fine in a half-hour game, but don't know if would crash when longer than that.
(I think 32 works fine in other game modes, not 100% sure as I never really use 32 often, but will test a few to be sure.)

Last edited:

IntelliMoo

Nov 13, 2009
Well, this is strange. When I ran the game today to test this out again, it would not log in after multiple tries, so I continued with Play Offline. And lo and behold, a half-hour game of Domination with 32 combatants actually worked.

Last night Domination (any map) simply would crash the game after 10 or less minutes of play every time, until I set it to 24 combatants. So it seems simply being logged in (was not playing online) with 32 set was the cause?! Maybe whatever the game logs into was doing something bad last night, and why it's completely down today?

As said, strange. Will keep testing, though!

IntelliMoo

Nov 13, 2009
Crash happened again while in offline mode, so it's nothing to do with logging in or not.

I was able to do another game crash-free, so I think I narrowed it down to 2 possibilities as to the cause: It seems to be either the CBP3 Pickups and/or CBP3 Vol4 Pickups v2 mutator being active, or having used the Orders->Cover Me command while playing. I am starting to think the latter, but will test yet again.

IntelliMoo

Nov 13, 2009
OK, finally determined that the cause of this particular crash is the use of the Orders->Cover Me command. For some reason, only in Domination mode, it makes the game crash shortly after having used it. Whether or not having 32 combatants matters, I don't know for sure, but the game does not crash if I never use that Orders command (also not sure if any other Orders commands would have the same result). So just have to remember this now. :)

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I'm just going to come out and say that I wouldn't expect UT3Dom to be bug free.

IntelliMoo

Nov 13, 2009
Well luckily it seems all good if just don't use Orders, it's such a cool game mode especially with 3 teams!

I still have to try using Orders with less than 32 though, but it's no big deal not being able to use them.

IntelliMoo

Nov 13, 2009
hmm, didn't know there was one (or I'm just bad at finding specific forums). Since UT3Dom is part of the Community Bonus Pack 3, I thought this was the only place. lol Well OK, I'll check it out, thanks.

Update: Well damn, I just found there's UT3Dom 4.0, with "•Fixed game crashing after giving a bot the order to cover you". Happier now! :)

Last edited:

IntelliMoo

Nov 13, 2009
Update Again: Unfortunately even with UT3Dom 4.0, the same game crash occurs using the Orders->Cover Me command in any of the CDOM-CBP3 maps. I guess that's because they are cooked with UT3Dom 3.1 code since that is what's included with the CBP3 packs? (And they will probably never be updated.) :(

Last edited:

TheSpoonDog

CBP3! Yarrr!
Jun 1, 2001
NZ
spoondog.beyondunreal.com
Update Again: Unfortunately even with UT3Dom 4.0, the same game crash occurs using the Orders->Cover Me command in any of the CDOM-CBP3 maps. I guess that's because they are cooked with UT3Dom 3.1 code since that is what's included with the CBP3 packs? (And they will probably never be updated.) :(
You're spot-on there ;) We were always just "hoping" that it would be the final UT3DOM. I didn't even know there was a new one 'til your post. But yea, unfortunately you'll just have to put up with that bug on those maps (and can't play online with UT3DOM 4.0 ppl... but playing online was pretty bugged anyway with version mismatches etc).

IntelliMoo

Nov 13, 2009
I just noticed version 4.0 and Final version at the UT3DOM site. Which one is the latest? Thank you.

4.0 is the newest, from 2010. The "FINAL" is 3.1.1 and from 2009. (Can see the info and release dates in the full description pages.)

Do note however that using either one is meaningless with the CBP3 Domination maps, since they are built with 3.0. But 4.0 does include a bunch of cool Dom maps. :)

Last edited: