Invisible items

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Malibu Barbie

Action Figure
Jan 21, 2005
unwheel.beyondunreal.com
Okay, I think I managed to trace the problem of invisible items. It has to do with the "eye-candy" stuff. I was trying to race on Tabletop, and noticed that I was crashing all the time into stuff that wasn't there. It was just impossible to race on it without trying to memorize where all of the invisible stuff was located beforehand. I also noticed that there was one section of the tract that was invisible. I was racing on air pretty much. Since I have a piece-O-crap video card, I keep all the eye candy stuff turned off, or it gets very choppy. So I decided to do a lap with all the eye-candy turned on, and low and behold, lots of items showed-up that I couldn't see before. Let me see if I can post some of the screen caps. The first is the big robot in the middle of the road.

Attachments

• BigRobot1_LO.jpg
    BigRobot1_LO.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 18
  • BigRobot1_HI.jpg
    BigRobot1_HI.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 17

$n][pErMan

UnWheel Server Guru!
Aug 29, 2004
Ya .. but I play on the highest settings possible and I still run into what seems to be nothing on maps like "midnightair" and whatnot.

Malibu Barbie

Action Figure
Jan 21, 2005
unwheel.beyondunreal.com
$n][pErMan said:
Ya .. but I play on the highest settings possible and I still run into what seems to be nothing on maps like "midnightair" and whatnot.
MidnightAir is different. The map is a mess right now, but there are no invisible items like this. You crash into air, but you can drive through it if you go slowly, meaning there is nothing there. I think MidnightAir will need to be completely redone or it should be removed from the release.

JamesBong

'JeeP' addict
Sep 18, 2002
oHIo
Visit site
hate to say it, but that stuffs always been there on 'tabletop'. looks like someone needs to upgrade thier mattel video card ;) as for MidnightAir, id like it to stay in the release but someone needs to fix the 'invis road blocks' weirdness...and if you do make it around a couple laps your car damage is way high and cant make the jumps because your going so slow and the turbo doesnt generate fast enough to get ya fixed. its almost a monster truck only map as it sits right now. :(

jerdaygo

How jerdaygo?
Jan 10, 2004
USA
JamesBong said:
hate to say it, but that stuffs always been there on 'tabletop'. looks like someone needs to upgrade thier mattel video card ;) as for MidnightAir, id like it to stay in the release but someone needs to fix the 'invis road blocks' weirdness...and if you do make it around a couple laps your car damage is way high and cant make the jumps because your going so slow and the turbo doesnt generate fast enough to get ya fixed. its almost a monster truck only map as it sits right now. :(
I believe the problem with midnightair is a weird collision mesh that is part of a mesh I used from the UT library, I wonder if this could be fixed in the package itself. Hey steve if I can remember the package I made, it was like scifi.usx I think, do you have any ideas on fixing the collisions meshes?

craze

Jan 27, 2005
hmmm, why not replace the UT standard collision meshes, and make your own from scratch. but make them simple, dont just use the mesh as a collision mesh.

JACK SH!T

Evil Genius in a Nutshell
Sep 2, 2004
craze said:
hmmm, why not replace the UT standard collision meshes, and make your own from scratch. but make them simple, dont just use the mesh as a collision mesh.
y not sent this issue to the UT2K4 team, and see if they can work out the bug? I'm sure it's in VCTF & ONS

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
I think this may also be the world detail setting, although I'm sure I'd never set this on game-play important items I'll take a look at the map. If it is, then it's a simple property to change.