Install Audigy2 drivers on Audigy 1?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

CyMek

Dead but not gone.
Jan 4, 2004
cymek.deviantart.com
Bump.

I've been trying this out, I got the .rar file, adn have follwed the instructions though numerous times, but I can not get it to work. The installer always tells me that "A Sound Blaster Audio Card was not detected on your system." I had a clanmate send me a copy of his audigy2 CD, and I patched it, and it still doesn't work. I suspect that it may be due to the fact that my sound card is an audigy LS, but I'm not sure. Why might this be happening?

I've tried the same thign with softmodding it to an Audigy4 from an audigy 2, but I am once again told that there is not Sound Blaster card on my system.

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
I tried this out, and my Audigy card has reversed stereo on my video games ever since then, even though I tried to go back to Aud1 drivers. :(

Majik

blargh
Jun 24, 2004
Denmark
W0RF said:
I tried this out, and my Audigy card has reversed stereo on my video games ever since then, even though I tried to go back to Aud1 drivers. :(

Did you remember to clean out the files that were left after uninstalling the drivers? If you didn't, Windows may well have restored the Aud2 driver from its cache once you tried to install the original driver because it's a newer version.

Driver Cleaner Pro is an excellent tool btw.

Majik

blargh
Jun 24, 2004
Denmark
Heh, sorry if it's been asked before. Reason I asked though was because I was considering trying it myself, but seeing as it has seemingly done 'damage' to your card, I guess I won't bother. :)

Odd though.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
CyMek said:
I suspect that it may be due to the fact that my sound card is an audigy LS, but I'm not sure. Why might this be happening?

I guess we both got Screwed up.