Infiltration Launcher for Mac OS X

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

HanD_of_DarKNesS

Evil Bastard
May 23, 2000
Ottawa, ON (Canada)
I downloaded the latest UT for OSX build (UTX Preview 2), and I must say it runs quite well. My framerates were good, and the game didn't crash for me once in the half-hour I was playing (which is much better than Preview 1 which bareley got past the load screen).

Anywho, I was wondering if anyone is working on, or plans to work on (soon) an Infiltration Launcher for OSX?

I've been itching to play INF for the past few months, but can't bring myself to drop into OS9 to do it (OSX is soooooo much nicer).

----------

NOTE: I relize I have to change my graphic sig. :D

PorterINF

Apr 10, 2001
Visit site
Is there a Mac coder in the house?

It's too bad Sentry doesn't have a good Mac coder. Tac Ops seems to do a fantastic job on Mac support. They even have an OSX Launcher (bottom of page). I emailed Indigo, the Tac Ops coder, about contacting the INF team. I don't know if he followed up or even understood me but he did say "thanks". He built the OSX Launcher as an app, not an Applescript, which is the way it should be done. I would hope that we have somebody in the INF Mac community who could examine the Tac Ops OSX Launcher and build one for INF.

HanD_of_DarKNesS, did you notice any clipping with the OpenGL in UT X? OpenGL in 9 is dark, decals show square boxes, and there is a lot of clipping. How did it look in OSX? Can you post a screenshot of Khazastan showing footprints in snow to show if they display as a box?

An OSX Launcher must be made to move INF forward in the Mac community.

PorterINF

Apr 10, 2001
Visit site
Here is an Applescript that Tiran Kenja posted in the General Infiltration Discussions forum:

Works fine with INF. Didn't see any bad graphics in my test yesterday. Standard UT had black boxes around the granades thrown by alt firing the rocket launcher...

Anyway. A launcher is easily done in AppleScript. Here is what I use:
code:
------------------------------------------------------------------------

set something to "Entry.unr INI=:Infiltrationx.ini USERINI=:InfiltrationUser.ini log=:Infiltrationx.log"

tell application "Unreal Tournament OS X"
run params something
activate
end tell
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I'm going to take the time to try and build a Mac Infiltration launcher. I'll bet the team will have a new one for 2.87, but I need the programming experience. It will give me enough to know how to start with the NSIS conversion too.

I got plenty of other stuff to work on as well. We'll see when I get up tomorrow.