Infiltration CE update: what needs doing?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
is it posible to download all and i really mean all inf maps from pass in 1 ziped or rar or ... pack.I wanna have all maps in my arhive.I really wanna have this maps from beginning when 1st version was comes out to last version.All maps made for inf?please if some 1 haved.I was downloaded many maps but half of them don t work(miss textures or sound ...)and i didnt play 50% of them

Last edited:

Coop-Stogie

Dec 7, 2008
is it posible to download all and i really mean all inf maps from pass in 1 ziped or rar or ... pack.I wanna have all maps in my arhive.I really wanna have this maps from beginning when 1st version was comes out to last version.All maps made for inf?please if some 1 haved.I was downloaded many maps but half of them don t work(miss textures or sound ...)and i didnt play 50% of them

I asked that a while ago, but nobody answered :( But this would be nice if some package all maps in a .zip or .rar file
And if you have probs with a map, because of a missing .utx file, simply read what file is missing (you always get an error in the loading screen), take an existing .utx file, duplicate and rename it to the missing one, so you can play it, or open it up in the UnrealEd !!!;)

i was downloaded 152 old maps and they works but didn t good for 2.9.lol i think they are from 2.65 --- 275 versions (ut-inf stile).hmmm i wanna have eas maps.Lol i downloaded dom as and dm maps few mounths ago here http://realmaps.beyondunreal.com/ and it was late and i was tired.So i was going to sleap.Next day i wanna download other maps from this site and website didn t found maps anymore to download .to bad why i didn t downloaded eas tooo grrrr lool.i will compressed and share this maps for inf 2.9 with you tomorow.If some1 have eas maps or maps who will be missed please send me or share.I have problčem with my free fast site becouse i have just html and i don t konw if i can made upload script in html.I got unlimit space and site is fast from my internet provider.what do you want all compresed or map by map.this dom as and dm maps are good for inf 2.9 I still can t belive i missed this files for 1 day or few hours :( before they were deleted :(

Last edited:
I got big mass on my disk i hope i didn forget somethink.
I am uploading link is in my signature for download and files will be on page in 15 minutes i think.
my msn is soultheman007@hotmail.com you can contact me ther and send me files.i will be very happy if u can send me some of them :)
When new ce comes out will be there 2 :)
I deleted old one becoues some mutators was old and u know miss...

U are welcome to connect on my ventrilo server too
I creaded some channels and if u wanna have your channel with pass and channel admin pass you got my msn
ventrilo ip and port
84.255.245.128:3784

Last edited:

Coop-Stogie

Dec 7, 2008
Soultaker you are an Angel :D Your Page is plain and simple, but vital for every Inf-Player !!!! Thank you

I was uploaded normal infiltration with psytex on my free page for players who have problems with psytex,but you can t play on normal servers with thet (i mean u can not play on SG server from america
It s manual installation (just unzip in your ut folder)
Now i am weating for big ce 2009
Waw i was uploaded 3,94 GB :D
Thet is my record :D and still hope fore more files
I need links to download them

Last edited:

GalZohar

Feb 27, 2008
Ramat Hasharon, Israel
If there's no updated CE pack, can there at least be up-to-date pointers to the stuff that are needed to get some proper INF SP/LAN/online (mostly LAN) play going? There's just so much out there, and a lot of it is either buggy, not realistic or has many versions.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
There's just so much out there, and a lot of it is either buggy, not realistic or has many versions.
That's normal. Next patient!

Seriously though, the ammount of mutators NOT present in the CE should be rather small (I'd guess, since I never installed the CE). Basically you have the M60, a new C7 version, Psytex and my crap [which usually falls in every of the three mentioned categories :D]. UTCompass is a story of its own, since every server [maintained by a different person] seems to have an own version installed - but that's more an admin-coordination problem.

Well, since I'm thinking about making a clean reinstall anyway (I suspect my server browser troubles are caused by the copy&paste-installation method used) I could as well write down the steps and post it here eventually - but I'm not too sure when I'm going to do this, so if anyone already has such a guide feel free to beat me at posting it..

GalZohar

Feb 27, 2008
Ramat Hasharon, Israel
I'm not looking for "every mutator ever made and have it up to date", but rather as few mods as possible, including only those that clearly improve the game, such as add weapons that fit the INF standards (and if they don't I'd rather not have them at all), RealTargets if that actually works well enough to make INF better than the unmodded version (never actually tried it myself, would be hard to test it by myself, and its state isn't very clear from the discussions I've seen here), DTAS... Don't need a million of unrealistically implemented M203 ammo types, knife climbing, bandaging or whatever other weird additions I remember seeing back in the days.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
Good luck for getting a list of few mods "that clearly improve gameplay" which more than two people agree on; I personally think it's better to have anything not (too) buggy included, since it leaves people with the choice what they want to use - especially if they're offline players. Also some mutators, while not realistic, do add to the gameplay; e.g. the bandage mutator actually is useful in COOP.

RealTargets works and doesn't, as many mutators - it still has bugs, most notably the possibility to shoot yourself. It does have its merits in COOP, as it allows you to shoot closer to your teammates without hitting them, since their hitbox actually fits the model better.

What would be an option was to have the CE update [if it ever is done] mutators included in different folders, such as "essential additions", "COOP stuff", "weird and buggy crap" and so on. BTW there really was a knife climbing mutator???

GalZohar

Feb 27, 2008
Ramat Hasharon, Israel
I remember a long time ago (I think it was Duke?) made an addon with a bunch of weird stuff, including a feature where when using your knife you could "free-climb", spiderman-style...

What I wonder is if the improvements of RT are more significant than the bugs, that is, what % of the shots hit where they're aimed and miss what they're not aimed at, with and without RT? If RT improves that %, it's worth using in my books ;)

Something like, say, DTAS with random team spawn and some kind of compass version that will point you towards the objective, is absolutely necessary even for just LAN play (btw can you configure DTAS for single-player-cap so that it works in smaller matches?).

Weapons really depend on how well they were done. For example, if the M60 actually feels like an M60 and the bulk is set appropriately, then it's fine, otherwise I'd rather not use it myself.

I would just test all of those myself, but I probably won't find all the bugs and/or unrealistic features by myself, and I don't even know what's available and where to get its latest version.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
Weapons really depend on how well they were done. For example, if the M60 actually feels like an M60 and the bulk is set appropriately, then it's fine, otherwise I'd rather not use it myself.
Since I don't have a clue what an M60 feels like, I'm not really in the position to judge it; it's a fun weapon to use and the handling is pretty acurate according to my sources available - although there was some discussion regarding the reload procedure being unsafe (although it is in accordance with the US field manual downloadable on the net - not that I'd trust it much).

Given Infs original weapon choice and accuracy I'd say almost any community weapon fits - given the fact the SIG551 has 20rd mags on the model but 30rd mags in game, the MP5/40s rear sights are plain wrong, the DE is in-game, the AKMSU is probabyl at least wrongly named (there are 7.62x39 Krinkovs, but none that I've found that actually is named AKMSU) and only two of the original weapons are actually service weapons.

Nearly every item in-game [be it Inf-core or community addon] has it's drawbacks from a realism perspective - which is why I prefer to have as many in a pack so people can choose what they want and don't have to search for things servers might run.

And as for finding bugs - I've seen enough (some actually pretty easy to sport, but then I get paid to find bugs IRL..) to make the claim that everything is bugged to a certain extend - but most things not beyonf usefulness.